Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Parcel from hong kong and coronavirus in china

Is putting it in a garbage bag and spraying it with glen 20 disinfectant spray enough?

Quote Originally Posted by G1Optimal View Post
    Is putting it in a garbage bag and spraying it with glen 20 disinfectant spray enough?
    Most likely, it?s active ingredient is ethanol which is a sugar alcohol so should do the job.

Cool

The Boss and I were supposed to be heading to HK and Vietnam in March for a holiday but now she is worried about the virus especially in HK. For me personally, as long as you follow what they ask you to, it should be safe but nothing is 100%.

So either delaying the trip of the airlines lets us or cancelling the trip and wasting $1800 or go out when we supposed to and follow the recommended hygiene practice and try to enjoy ourselves.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Claims that coronovirus in general can last up to 9 days on plastic, glass ,wood and metal and is assumed that the the 2019-ncov can to
    https://7news.com.au/travel/coronavi...riods-c-691170
    Last edited by G1Optimal; 11th February 2020 at 02:17 PM.

Claims that coronovirus in general can last up to 9 days on plastic, glass ,wood and metal and is assumed that the the 2019-ncov can to
    https://7news.com.au/travel/coronavi...riods-c-691170
    That's in ideal (for the virus) environmental circumstances. If you read further you will see that "tests also revealed the surfaces could be disinfected using agents containing ethanol, hydrogen peroxide or sodium hypochlorite."
    So sure, if the situation is just right it can survive for longer periods of time, but if people follow any of the hygiene advice previously provided here there's less reason to worry about catching nCoV from contact with surfaces.
    Contact transmission generally only happens when surfaces haven't been wiped down properly, so get some disinfectant surface spray, anti bacterial wipes, or bleach to wipe down surfaces that you are concerned about.
    For things like toys or packaging you can even just put them in a hot dry room, one of the reasons the virus can last so long on surfaces is if the environment it's in has low temperatures and high air humidity, remove the moisture and up the temperature and it soon becomes inactive.

And...has there ever been a documented case of any sort of viral or disease outbreak caused through mail contact? A quick internet search says no.

By the time a package arrives on your doorstep, it has been through the most awful conditions not conducive to viral survival for days on end, including the postal processing centre overseas, the unpressurised cargo hold of a plane, yet another postal processing centre here, and in the back of a hot delivery van.

The Wuhan coronavirus isn't more resilient than any other virus out there. There are other viruses, diseases etc. that could also be transferred via mail the same as coronavirus, however because the mail process is such a poor vector for virus transmission, we never see mail services being halted to prevent any sort of outbreak.

What's more alarming about the coronavirus is that it spreads whilst the carrier is asymptomatic. The best prevention of viral outbreaks is isolation before the carrier becomes infectious, however people are spreading it person-to-person before they even realise they have it. I'd be less alarmed over parcels and more concerned over the potential lifting of the travel ban from China.

If you're that worried about then just don't open your parcel for 9 days? Maybe when it arrives just wrap it up in a garbage bag and stick in your garage or shed until the quarantine period is over.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    If you're that worried about then just don't open your parcel for 9 days? Maybe when it arrives just wrap it up in a garbage bag and stick in your garage or shed until the quarantine period is over.
    I already have i just posted that to inform people in case its true and there safety

Sorry about that

I already have i just posted that to inform people in case its true and there safety

Sorry about that
    This is just to say

I have opened
    the toys
    that came in
    the post

and which
    you were probably
    waiting
    to decontaminate

Forgive me
    they were good buys