Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Botcon 2021 announced

Quote Originally Posted by Unicran View Post
    If Donald submitted membership here (assuming he answered the trivia question correctly), would he be allowed access? Poses quite an interesting question.
    Well, he's not Australian nor is he living here. Which makes the answer a pretty easy, "no".

Looking For:

- Unite Warriors Glaze (Blades)
    - Blue Microchange MC-04 (02) Familia 1500XG (that's the pre-TF Bumblejumper)
    - Car Robots Indy Heat

All can be loose or packaged, I don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Well, he's not Australian nor is he living here. Which makes the answer a pretty easy, "no".
    Thanks dirge.

Appears Rank 2 is now redundant, which is a shame.
    Rank 2 - Distant Member
    For fans that are beyond our region of the world. Many don't interact here for long so won't start off with access to some parts of the board. If they do end up sticking around for while and interact here a fair bit, they will be upgraded to Rank 5 Dedicated Member.

Thanks dirge.

Well it also falls into the category of discretion. So I reckon a heavy dose of griffin's discretion would be applied.

Looking For:

- Unite Warriors Glaze (Blades)
    - Blue Microchange MC-04 (02) Familia 1500XG (that's the pre-TF Bumblejumper)
    - Car Robots Indy Heat

All can be loose or packaged, I don't mind.

My Trump comments were off-topic in this topic (I mistakenly thought that I had already acknowledged that error on my part in this topic), so I was hoping that they would remain buried by the various postings that have been made since then.

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    In the first post of the user guide (and how-to-register guide), we have this....

The only conditions to being a member here are, that you are a Transformers fan (or a general toy fan), that you are old enough to interact with the mostly-adult membership here (15 is a recommended age), and are not currently Banned from this board. It is also recommended that you live in or near Australia, as the focus of interaction is Australian, and doesn't try to cater for fans outside of this region of the world.
    This allows for non-Australians, but we don't expect there to be too many, as our focus here is on what Australians are needing to know. If any non-Australian is curious enough or no longer likes other fansites, they are free to join, but as noted in the rankings scale, they will have limited access here at first.

Thanks dirge.

His comments were in error, and could have been based on recollections of how we used to only allow people who lived in, or were originally from, Australia and New Zealand. The User Guide is there for members and guests to refer to when they have a question about this site, like the above topic of membership elligibility... I don't expect anyone here, including staff, to have the document memorised.
    There have been no changes to the rankings or admissions criteria since the last update of the User Guide in July last year, so it is safe to refer to it for your earlier question.

I realise that setting convention dates and locations probably isn't high on everyone's priority right now given the number of comic and toy conventions being cancelled in the last month, but I really hope that this is set sufficiently far in the future that it doesn't get canned too. I have only been to one Botcon, but it was a magical experience. After such a epic fail that was 2020, I think we can all use a little hope and dream right now.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!