Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Botcon 2021 announced

Default Botcon 2021 announced

After a 5 year gap, the iconic Transformers convention called BotCon is coming back.
    It's only an initial announcement and it doesn't say much, like if it is supported or endorsed by Hasbro, or where it will be.
    It does have a couple of old names in the new team though.
    https://www.allspark.com/2020/02/its...otcon-is-back/

I'm cautiously optimistic because two of the three names involved are Karl Hartman and Andrew Hall... but it didn't have anything noting Hasbro involvement, which they would have been the ones issuing a press release. And they need Hasbro for the toy displays, the presentation panel and importantly, exclusive toys. Having guests and a dealer room will be enough to get in Americans but it needs the Hasbro element to get long distant fans to fly in.
    A year and a half will be a long wait, but if I go, it will be great to see the old "family" again.
    Great timing though with HK losing its appeal.
    Last edited by griffin; 27th July 2020 at 04:05 PM. Reason: off topic portion deleted

As a fan that has never been to Botcon, this is very welcome news. If they manage to pull this off and the timing works, I might actually be able to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    As a fan that has never been to Botcon, this is very welcome news. If they manage to pull this off and the timing works, I might actually be able to go!
    Here here! I'm most interested in the timing and location. If I can make it work where it lines up with other family interests (NBA season, Disneyworld etc) then it's an easier sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Yeah I’ve never been either.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Here here! I'm most interested in the timing and location. If I can make it work where it lines up with other family interests (NBA season, Disneyworld etc) then it's an easier sell.
    I’d like to go solo but now my kids are older and my son is so into TFs there is no way I could go without taking the family

I always wanted to go to a Botcon but never got the chance so this is exciting and welcome news.

Depending on the guests, timing and location of this I may very well be interested in trying to fly across. I hope they are able to release dates and location sooner rather than later so planning can be easier for those having to travel longer distances.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I’d like to go solo but now my kids are older and my son is so into TFs there is no way I could go without taking the family
    We are doing the whole Disneyland trip with the kids next year and visiting a friend in Missouri so with a bit of luck the location and time will fall into those plans. My eldest wouldn't speak to me if I went without him!

So far, according to the seibertron article is unofficial. Which makes sense given how it's been announced. I really do hope that changes.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Good. Hopefully this is a better version that has risen from Botcon ashes.

Generation Selects has done some nifty items but nothing that resembles ‘a set’. It would be nice if Botcon can work with GS to nail the production of exclusives.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

If they have convention exclusive toys I'm in. I'm already itching for an excuse to visit Star Wars Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland, and another Botcon would do it. Don't see how they could do this without Hasbro's or Takara's support though...... and unless it was given their blessing before the announcement was made, I think it would probably burn bridges rather than build them with Hasbro.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!