Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crazy Combiners

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    JEREMY LIVES AGAIN!

Go Jezza!!!!

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

The G1 gestalt teams were cool. Id be happy with gestalts of the G1 size. Almost no articulation, monopod feet, tiny little arms (unless you are a seacon), they were cool.
    The limb bots were also designed to a template, I've always wanted to design my own. If anyone has a G1 limb bot handy, could you measure the head peg, the basic dimensions of the torso 'block', and anything else that was 'sstandard' across the limbs (from the 1980s).
    I know its alot but I cant find the measurements online anywhere ...

Thankyou in advance

Measuring the small part might be difficult but if you look online you can find copyright patent details of many G1 toys. Here’s an example from a company selling them as prints, examples:
    https://images.app.goo.gl/SE5y8NU2g4ZjrbQUA
    https://images.app.goo.gl/GKyfe5esdCEuD7MG7
    https://images.app.goo.gl/9KnJgfUhLwpQK5im7

If you can find the sources those details might provide the measurements you need

Quote Originally Posted by morg176 View Post
    The G1 gestalt teams were cool. Id be happy with gestalts of the G1 size. Almost no articulation, monopod feet, tiny little arms (unless you are a seacon), they were cool.
    The limb bots were also designed to a template, I've always wanted to design my own. If anyone has a G1 limb bot handy, could you measure the head peg, the basic dimensions of the torso 'block', and anything else that was 'sstandard' across the limbs (from the 1980s).
    I know its alot but I cant find the measurements online anywhere ...

Thankyou in advance
    I've got a handful of junkers (the bodies and heads are all intact) that I could send your way if you want. A few Protectobots, Combaticons, Seacons, maybe some Aerialbots too (but I think some of the Aerialbots were KOs). Think I have one limb-bot from the Technobot and Stunticon teams too.

If you're interested, I'll see what I've got and we can take it from there.

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Thaks guys for the suggestions and offers of assistance.
    Paulbot, I checked out those patent diagrams, if only t hey had dimensions... but still very helpfull.
    OTAG, thanks for the offer, ill decline for the moment, but if I get stuck ill contact you

Dicided to go with a 25mm cube (torso) as the basis for an attempt at a G1 style scl (scramble city limbot)
    My designs dont have a limb mode, just trying to do a robot and vehicle mode atm
    Its a work in progress. Wish me luck

Which scramble theme would you like to see, I was always surprised that insects werent done : )