Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WFC Missed Opportunity?

For me, I don't care too much for Cybertronian modes, so I'm not personally bothered. But yes, it was a good chance to visit these established-in-fiction alt modes.

For me the missed opportunity was the Prime Wars concluding with the Minobots left unfinished. I'm stoked Cliffjumper's coming!

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Can't help but think it could have been a nice chance to release the Takara-mold/Unite Warriors Technobots over here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Can't help but think it could have been a nice chance to release the Takara-mold/Unite Warriors Technobots over here as well.
    Yes, this so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Yes, this so much.
    When compared the Unite Warriors Technobots are way better than the Combiner Wars Technobots. The only thing that helped the CW set was the inclusion of Scrounge and Cybaxx, better hands and feet for Computron and the poster and collectors card.

One thing that kinda bothered me with some Siege designs was that they seemed undecided about whether or not they wanted to be Cybertronian or Terran. Quite frankly, a lot of them just looked Terran to me and were just "Cybertronian" because Hasbro said so. Sideswipe and Red Alert look very Lamborghini-like, Swindler looks a lot like a DeLorean, and Stakeout is practically an Earth police car only with Autobot writing on his doors. I've actually ordered some reprolabels for my Siege Red Alert so that I can replace the Autobotese "FD" with FD in Roman letters.

Seriously, if they wanted to make these things Cybertronian then go full hog. The Tetrajets were a good example of this (and I did indeed get the Rainmaker set).
    But then they seemed rather inconsistent in terms of which Transformers they wanted to give G1-accurate Cybertronian modes to and which ones didn't.

^ WFC Soundwave does have a MTMTE alt mode.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:WFCS-Voyager-Soundwave.jpg

I agree as well it?s a missed opportunity to not include wheeljack in WFC, instead he is in Earthrise. I didn?t expect them to to be slavishly accurate, I was happy with a futuristic or sci fi design. It?s nice to get Grapple, Hoist and Cliffjumper in Earth mode though.

I for one am happy the siege voyager Prime did not go with that fugly Marvel G1 vehicle mode

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    I for one am happy the siege voyager Prime did not go with that fugly Marvel G1 vehicle mode
    Cos those Tetrajets look ace.

Besides, a G1-accurate Cybertron mode for Optimus Prime could also be repainted as Fusion! Fusion is still a proper Obscure Transformer since he's still only ever appeared in one medium, but if a toy of him ever existed then that would make him no longer Obscure! Alternatively they could've based his truck cab mode on Optimus Prime's earlier Cybertronian mode; back from when before he was given the Matrix and made Autobot leader (so he would've been still serving under Sentinel Prime's command). Although I prefer his Autobot Commander Cybertronian mode as it looks more unearthly/alien. Besides, it's not like there's a shortage of truck Primes in CHUG. Siege Optimus Prime's truck mode is really an Earthen truck, just with gatling guns beneath the headlights and armour plating over the rear wheels. It looks more like a regular Earth truck that's been modified for combat... like something I'd expect to see in some war-torn dystopia rather than from an alien world like Cybertron.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Besides, it's not like there's a shortage of truck Primes in CHUG. Siege Optimus Prime's truck mode is really an Earthen truck, just with gatling guns beneath the headlights and armour plating over the rear wheels. It looks more like a regular Earth truck that's been modified for combat... like something I'd expect to see in some war-torn dystopia rather than from an alien world like Cybertron.
    Agree with this so much Gok, and it ties into my point earlier about a Cybertronian mode Bumblebee at least offering something different.

Now don't get me wrong, I am absolutely looking forward to Earthrise Prime, but the Siege one that is meant to be Cybertronian should actually look Cybertronian, not an Earth Truck with extra details.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.