Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WFC Missed Opportunity?

Default WFC Missed Opportunity?

I was thinking about the War for Cybertron range and was wondering if not having the Cybertonian Bumblebee and Wheeljack from the G1 movie meant we will never see a mainstream release of those figures. It seemed like the perfect time and range to have them.

Or have they been released in another line?

I think you mean the first episode of the G1 cartoon, More Than Meets The Eye pt1.

I wouldn't rule out ever getting them (Jazz too) but I was disappointed they didn't do them in Siege. Here's hoping the third chaptor of the WFC trilogy goes back to Cybertronian designs, or at least gives us those three. Pretty sure all the other Cybertronian alt modes we saw in that first episode have been done in Siege.

Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Earthrise has destroyed what was a great line by not having Cybertronian modes in my opinion. Definitely a missed opportunity to continue with what they had going with Siege.

It's funny Hasbro didn't just retool the Prowl chest for a Siege Jazz, sure he'd have door wings and the legs would be backwards but ta dah, Jazz!

I agree that Wheeljack and Jazz should have been represented in the WFC line... but not Bumblebee... the only reason, is because there is already multiple Bumblebee figures out there... I don't really want any more.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    I agree that Wheeljack and Jazz should have been represented in the WFC line... but not Bumblebee... the only reason, is because there is already multiple Bumblebee figures out there... I don't really want any more.
    I get where you're coming from, but a Cybertronian mode offers something different than generic hatchback though. Besides, Bumblebee's Cybertronian mode was actually shown in the cartoon unlike Prime and many other Siege figures.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

To be honest most of the 84/85 Autobots in the Siege WFC line had Cybertronic modes that were little more than slight variations of their earth modes. They might have thought it wasn’t in keeping with the rest of the Autobots aesthetic to have ‘proper’ Cybertron vehicle forms, though I would have loved to have seen it.

Given that almost every Transformer on my shelf is in robot mode, I don't really care if it's a Cybertronian or Earth-based alt mode in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Bee's alt mode would be a nightmare to design, I know a 3rd company did it but the robot has to make sacrifices to make the vehicle mode, "accurate", Wheeljack probably would've wound up a retooled Ironhide.

It feels like a missed opportunity but doesn't meen we wont get those three eventually.

Not having Apeface and Snapdragon in the line recreating all the '87 line where every Voyager was a Triple-changing Headmaster felt like a missed opportunity not long ago.

I really like WFC Bumblebee when it comes to Cybertronian modes for him, but those modes from the first episode ever have to be done eventually.