Thread: MLP/Transformers Comic Crossover!

Default MLP/Transformers Comic Crossover!

YES

YES!

YES YES YES!

FRICK-IN YES!!!!

It's finally happening! In what is undoubtedly the best news for the Transformers franchise since somebody said 'hey, to sell these toys why don't we split them into two factions and have them fight each other in a cartoon?', Transformers and My Little Pony are finally getting their own comic crossover!

SAN DIEGO, CA (February 6, 2020) – When the Mane Six gallop alongside Autobots in battle, the forces of villainy stand no chance! IDW Publishing (OTCQX: IDWM), under license by Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS), welcomes comic fans of all ages to enjoy the wildest crossover of Hasbro creations ever: MY LITTLE PONY / TRANSFORMERS, a four-issue miniseries shipping weekly in May!

In MY LITTLE PONY / TRANSFORMERS, the scheming Queen Chrysalis casts a spell in search of changeling allies, but accidentally interferes with a distant Cybertronian Spacebridge… and brings the Autobots and Decepticons to Equestria! As the dust settles, it’s up to Twilight Sparkle, Optimus Prime, and others to overcome the menace of malevolent magic and machinery!

MY LITTLE PONY / TRANSFORMERS assembles an all-star team of comic creators for this mind-blowing series: writers James Asmus, Ian Flynn, and Sam Maggs, and artists Casey W. Coller, Jack Lawrence, Sara Pitre-Durocher, Priscilla Tramontano, and Tony Fleecs (who also provides cover artwork for the entirety of the series).

“The writing I've gotten to do individually for MY LITTLE PONY and TRANSFORMERS have already proven to be some of the most fun I've had in my career, so it's pure joy to play them off each other,” says Asmus. “We're making a wild mash-up unlike anything else in your comic collection. You basically owe it to yourself and your future happiness to get a copy!”

“It's been a delightful challenge finding common threads between the ponies and bots. It’s certainly a fun and unique opportunity,” says Flynn. “I hope fans of both franchises can come together and enjoy this.”

“MY LITTLE PONY and TRANSFORMERS are two of my all-time favorite universes. Having written for them both previously, the idea of bringing the citizens of Equestria and Cybertron together is incredibly exciting,” says Maggs.

“Teaming TRANSFORMERS and MY LITTLE PONY has been a dream we’ve had for a long time,” says IDW Editor-In-Chief John Barber. “We’re all really excited to see this mashup of characters by a mashup of creators who are honoring the legacy of both universes... and doing it in the most bonkers, fun way imaginable!”
    Links HERE and HERE.

Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to go have my Rarity toy square off against my Slipstream

As soon as I saw this topic I knew exactly who was the one posting it and exactly what your response would be! Exciting news for you mate.

Although I'm not familiar with the franchise, given the height difference between a pony (not even a horse, but a freaking pony) and even the weakest frailest of Decepticons, I'm thinking it will be a short battle involving disarticulation and gore. So I'm not entirely sure how you could write a comic about it, but kind of curious to see what mayhem will be involved.

I can imagine Starscream and the seekers chasing after flying ponies though! Who knows, maybe Starscream could even make a new friend, like Thundercracker with his dog
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Although I'm not familiar with the franchise, given the height difference between a pony (not even a horse, but a freaking pony) and even the weakest frailest of Decepticons, I'm thinking it will be a short battle involving disarticulation and gore. So I'm not entirely sure how you could write a comic about it, but kind of curious to see what mayhem will be involved.
    Many of the Alicorns and Unicorns have magic powers that include forcefields (like Trailbreaker) and teleportation (like Skywarp). They can also shoot energy bolts and combine their power for even more destructive energy attacks that would put a Dragonball master to shame. Trust me, the Mane 6 wont go down without a fight against the Decepticons - whilst outgunned, they have the Power of Friendship - and friendship is magic!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    They can also shoot energy bolts and combine their power for even more destructive energy attacks that would put a Dragonball master to shame.
    Ok now we are getting a little silly... Comparing MLP to the likes of Goku or Vegeta? I think Goku would probably try to eat them! He is also stronger than the gods. Maybe best to say would put Krillin to shame?

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Ok now we are getting a little silly... Comparing MLP to the likes of Goku or Vegeta? I think Goku would probably try to eat them! He is also stronger than the gods. Maybe best to say would put Krillin to shame?
    Dude - have you even seen MLP?!

Goku: guy who spends way too much money on hair gel to make his hair that spiky and spends 5 minutes going 'AAARRRHHHHHHHHHH' to camera before he shoots out an energy blast.

Various MLP energy /magic practicioners: Can travel through time, travel between dimensions, shoot energy bolts, make forcefields, create all manner of magical effects - and do it instantly without a 5 minute montage of them looking pissed off and yelling like they have a scorpion biting off their foreskin before they do it. They get on with the job!

Goku may be stronger than the Gods, but a pony like Rarity would hoof-kick him in his dragonballs and leave him whimpering like a little bitch on the ground.

FRIENDSHIP IS FRIGGIN MAGIC YO!

IDW have been pimping out Transformers to just about every franchise they can get their hands on for their crossover comics, so it is not surprising that they would eventually get around to MLP, despite teasing us with the idea since 2013 with a number of variant comic covers...

Let's see, crossovers by IDW so far - Avengers, Mars Attack, GIJoe, Ghostbusters, Star Trek, and then there are indirect crossovers, like the Infestation crossover (which had TMNT, but they didn't meet up), and the Revolutions crossover (which had a small interaction with MASK, ROM, Action Man and Micronauts).

This is old fanwork done in fun, but I do hope that the official G1-universe horse and unicorn Transformers make an appearance in the official thing.