Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece MP -51 Arcee

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    The chest seems to be the biggest complaint. It sits too low, like, saggy :/ It should be higher.

Not my first choice of character to get (what about Galvatron for crying out loud) but I'll probably pick this one up.
    Some people have speculated that it's mis transformed and it does look like it can move up. As it is, it does look off where it is right now so we'll have to wait for official promo pics to know for sure.

The back pack is much too big but all that alt mode kibble has to go somewhere, but still looks off for me. I don't mind the backpack on MP44 as it's not as bad since Prime has a much larger frame and he's not lithe and skinny like Arcee so it's ok for me. She also looks very top heavy and her feet very small with no heel spurs so I wonder if she can stand on her own.

Looks like I'm going to save a lot of money on Transformers this year maybe next too as this is an easy pass for me as I've never been interested in the female transformers and I've little interest in Beast Wars or Raiden.

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post

My only gripe like others have mentioned is the low chest. I?m ok with it but hoping there?s different chest plates.
    I'm sure there will be a third-party offering, just like for FanToys Rouge with her 'super-deformable chestplate'. But again, Arcee might not want to be a plaything!
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Is Trev ok? He hasn't posted about MP Arcee yet. I hope he didn't have a heart attack when he saw how awesome this is.
    Sorry, I've spent the weekend watching the rain with a happy glow on my face, and writing a blog thanking the RFS for the fact we still have a farm for the rain to fall upon

Yeah, this looks like a good figure. The chest seems to sit too low in the robot mode and it would be nice if there were some break ups of those big slabs of pink colour in vehicle mode. Otherwise she looks really good, especially the head and face sculpt. Will make a very easy repaint into Lifeline as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    He's probably enjoying some alone time
    Between this and the MLP crossover, I'll be surprised if he can bend his wrists on Monday
    Er.... I'm starting to wonder what kind of public perception I've caused of myself on this site over the years

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    He's probably enjoying some alone time
    Between this and the MLP crossover, I'll be surprised if he can bend his wrists on Monday
    I died.

As for the figure, I think she looks pretty good. Vehicle mode is 100% spot on and blows 3p out of the water. The bot mode looks mostly good aside from the chest, which as others have mentioned may be mistransformed.

Given my experience with Hound, I will NOT be preordering this, but I may buy it after in hand reviews can speak to the quality of it.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Lmao that backpack is ridiculous!

Credit to Gamerlingual of TFW2005

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Lmao that backpack is ridiculous!
    That's because she's carrying a car mode on her back.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

That back pack is disappointing. Makes me think of the Generations one. At least Rouge made an effort to transform her legs into the vehicle. Heck, Generations Arcee' s legs and chest transformed into the car. I am only seeing chest here. I hope that I am wrong.

That said her car mode is awesome, though needs some painted lights or something. Things are getting really toony now.

Being a character that had an animation model that didn't appear to be based on a toy design or expect to have a toy, it has to sacrifice something to convert from a vehicle of flat panels, into a biped with mostly curved, feminine panels. Either it has a backpack of kibble (like the 2021 Unicron), or one (or both) modes ends up having to not look exactly like it does on the cartoon (like the last two GEN Arcee toys).

I think it looks great for the "magic" that the designers had to do for this toy to look as good as it does.

My question is if it is a Headmaster... but I think if it was, it would have been noted or shown.

It is listed as being 16,000yen (about AU$220), but is about the same size as MP Hotrod, so should come with extra things... but then again, the massive price-rise of JP Masterpiece toys in the last 2 years, would suggest not.

From here...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It is listed as being 16,000yen (about AU$220), but is about the same size as MP Hotrod, so should come with extra things... but then again, the massive price-rise of JP Masterpiece toys in the last 2 years, would suggest not.
    With the usual pre-order discount it should come down to about A$160 plus shipping. So cheaper than Hound.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    My question is if it is a Headmaster... but I think if it was, it would have been noted or shown.
    I would love for a headmaster Daniel to be an accessory, but Gok pointed out to me earlier today that Japan didn't have the rebirth, so that kind of accessory would be meaningless to Japanese audiences. Then again, they did do targetmaster Hot Rod (which was easy due to already having the targetmaster mould from Hasbro MP9) so who knows. *shrugs*
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.