Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fully revealed Studio Series Devastator

Naw i want it but too difficult to obtain all the pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Naw i want it but too difficult to obtain all the pieces.
    Someone claimed yesterday that there will be a box set. You might get your chance.

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threa...x-set.1188566/

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Someone claimed yesterday that there will be a box set. You might get your chance.

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threa...x-set.1188566/
    I dunno, IF they decide to go ahead with the box set it'll be awfully pricey

What are we looking at? 2 Leaders, 4 Voyagers and 2 Deluxes? By my uber maths skills, that puts the price at about $460. Then there's the whole what will they do different to make me want to buy it angle

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Then there's the whole what will they do different to make me want to buy it angle
    They'll do it in G1 Devy colours of course.

Nah, but they could do alternate decos for at least some of the characters. We know that Skipjack (yellow Rampage) is already confirmed. So they'll probably change 2 or 3 of the decos and that will be enough to trigger the OCD of some collectors. Plus there will be people that didn't bother getting them individually or missed some releases that will get it anyway.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

I quite like the look of Overload, its always nice to get a vehicle form that hasn't been done to death already.

Personally I'm only getting the new characters that hadn't gotten proper toys before. So still looking forward to getting Overload and Scrapper. If ever I find one really cheap I might grab a Rampage so I have a red version of him. Otherwise I'm happy with my ROTF versions of the other characters.

I dunno, IF they decide to go ahead with the box set it'll be awfully pricey

What are we looking at? 2 Leaders, 4 Voyagers and 2 Deluxes? By my uber maths skills, that puts the price at about $460.
    If we go by the US retail prices, we'd be looking at two deluxes at USD19.99, four voyagers at USD29.99 and two leaders at USD49.99 for a total of USD259.92. Maybe give a discount for the packaging, since eight figures don't need to be individually packaged.

For comparison, Omega Supreme retails at USD159.99, so you would easily be looking at more than titan class money for a Studio Series Devastator.

Then there's the whole what will they do different to make me want to buy it angle

I could see a G1 coloured set as a convention exclusive, either this year or next.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    If we go by the US retail prices, we'd be looking at two deluxes at USD19.99, four voyagers at USD29.99 and two leaders at USD49.99 for a total of USD259.92. Maybe give a discount for the packaging, since eight figures don't need to be individually packaged.

For comparison, Omega Supreme retails at USD159.99, so you would easily be looking at more than titan class money for a Studio Series Devastator.
    Yes, would definitely be more than equal to a Titan in cost to buy a box set. I don't think packaging in one box would make it any cheaper (looking at the Combiner War, Titans Return, or Siege box sets).

The Constructicon Scrapper is now out in Singapore, and someone has posted up photos of the toy in both modes.

That just leaves Overload left to complete Devastator.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The Constructicon Scrapper is now out in Singapore, and someone has posted up photos of the toy in both modes.

That just leaves Overload left to complete Devastator.
    Mine came from SG Yesterday... pitty I'm leaving all boxed until i get the set....

A lot more photos of Overload and the rest of the Constructicons from a youtube video, including a step by step building of Devastator.