Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fully revealed Studio Series Devastator

Default Fully revealed Studio Series Devastator

First look at the fully combined mode of Devastator, and he looks glorious! Way better than I expected given the earlier prototype shots. Haven't been this excited for a movie release for a long time.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...crapper/44475/

Also loving the first look at Scrapper and Overload.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    First look at the fully combined mode of Devastator, and he looks glorious! Way better than I expected given the earlier prototype shots. Haven't been this excited for a movie release for a long time.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...crapper/44475/

Also loving the first look at Scrapper and Overload.
    Just a minor nitpick, but seeing how much red there is makes me want to get the yellow repaint of Rampage to break it up a bit. Also hoping I can hunch him over a bit more. Otherwise looks amazing and can't wait to complete mine.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Really excited to see the colour images. It's weird to see him upright like that, but hunching him over will re-create that movie accuracy. It's only a matter of time before someone releases an add-on kit for the wrecking balls

From here...

The group shot of the individual figures...

I’m not happy with myself for changing my mind and considering buying this. It’s overall looking really well done. Scrapper looks really interesting.

I wonder why Overload has to have the big grey circular thing on the back (part of Devastator's head). It looks really stupid having it there, just so that they can have the entire Devastator incorporated in all eight toys, without any extra parts to add on when combining it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Just a minor nitpick, but seeing how much red there is makes me want to get the yellow repaint of Rampage to break it up a bit. Also hoping I can hunch him over a bit more. Otherwise looks amazing and can't wait to complete mine.
    Yes, since the two largest toys are red, the most common colour is red on Devastator, but if you swap out the red Rampage for the yellow one, you end up with four yellow Constructicons out of the eight.... which makes the group shot of Constructicons a bit over-balanced. I think the original Devastator needed more green or grey on it, to balance out the colours more in the team.

When the yellow repaint of Rampage was leaked, it put me in two minds of which one to buy for my second set for Devastator, as the on-screen Devastator had a yellow Rampage, but the red one is the one on the official images for Studio Series Devastator. The yellow one might look better on Devastator, but I already have a second red one.

Fair point Griffin. From my perspective I'm only seeing it as the combined form as that's all I want it for, but I understand for other people there will be different things to take into consideration. It's good we have options though, at least with the red and yellow Rampage anyway.

Dear God, why, why, why!!!

This is not helping my compulsive obsession with combiners!!

I'll just add this to my list of stuff to get. I'm guessing there is no news on release details at this stage?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberiusPrime View Post
    I'm guessing there is no news on release details at this stage?
    On the two new ones? Because the other six are out now.

My guess for the last two would be a release around April.