Thread: G1 Tracks reissue question

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default G1 Tracks reissue question

I have the reissue G1 Tracks and he was perfect but strangely developed cracks in both legs. My first ever fault with a reissue. I want to repair him rather than replace him. However, I wouldn't want to waste a genuine/ reissue Tracks to do this. Does anyone know if there's a KO Tracks so I can rip it apart for the leg pieces and importantly how close the colour is?

Thanks

There is a dedicated repair section of the board. Might be better off looking in there.

A KO may not have great plastic. Perhaps look around for a junker with a busted arm or something on eBay etc?

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Sorry to hear. My reissue G1 Smokescreen's arm broke off a few years ago when my son was transforming him. I'd only just opened it up after maybe 8 years of owning. He was experienced in transforming my figures so I've always had a question of whether the plastic was always fragile or if it deteriorated over time?

Unfortunately I was unable to fix it without removing a pin so I've just left it.

Good superglue (Loctite, BSI) or find a junker to transplant parts.

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    Good superglue (Loctite, BSI)
    I'm inclined to agree with this one. The connecting arm of my G1 Sinnertwin snapped on me so I just pieced it back together with superglue (and he's now only ever Abominus' leg). So far so good. Since you're talking about a developed crack rather than complete breakage then I think the superglue method should work well. Also because Tracks' legs don't really have articulation anyway so you're not going to place any physical stress on it by making the leg or knee bend.

Although if you do want to grab a loose incomplete Tracks to salvage for parts or just use as an outright replacement for your reissue Tracks (just keep the accessories), one just sold on eBay AU a few days ago for $17.

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Thanks for the replies guys, unfortunately these pieces are not really ideal for glueing. It's better to just replace those blue leg panels, especially in alt mode.

I have an eBay notification set up for Tracks but haven't seen anything. A $17 reissue Tracks would have been perfect. I don't know how I missed that! There's a cheap original G1 version but I would rather leave that guy alone.
    Last edited by Kranix; 16th February 2020 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    My reissue G1 Smokescreen's arm broke off a few years ago
    Same... plastic quality in the G1 reissues seems pretty average