Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Holden

Default RIP Holden

As a happy Holden owner for 16 years, this is sad news... and without warning.

If only they could sell it back to an Australian company.

The car industry here is unfortunately dead... our high labour costs just don't entice investors to even bother anymore as it's been so heavily reliant on government handouts
    I don't think a local company would want to buy the brand.
    It'll probably get resurrected in better times as some limited release internationally? Who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by ChlorHex View Post
    The car industry here is unfortunately dead... our high labour costs just don't entice investors to even bother anymore as it's been so heavily reliant on government handouts
    I don't think a local company would want to buy the brand.
    It'll probably get resurrected in better times as some limited release internationally? Who knows...
    Yeah, all the handouts go to big mining now.

All I'm thinking about is what does this mean for the Supercars championship? They can't run the series with just Mustangs.

I'd love it if they changed from this unique version of touring cars we have at the moment and made it a GT3 championship. Surely Ford could get the Mustang homologated as a GT3 car.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    All I'm thinking about is what does this mean for the Supercars championship? They can't run the series with just Mustangs.

I'd love it if they changed from this unique version of touring cars we have at the moment and made it a GT3 championship. Surely Ford could get the Mustang homologated as a GT3 car.
    Wasn’t there Nissan’s and Mercedes racing in it? I havnt watched it in years.

My first car was a 1981 Holden Gemini.

griffin - you may (or may not) remember riding in that when I first met you, dirge and dsaint back in Jan/Feb(?) 1998.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    My first car was a 1981 Holden Gemini.

griffin - you may (or may not) remember riding in that when I first met you, dirge and dsaint back in Jan/Feb(?) 1998.
    My first car was a 1976 Holden Gemini.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I know nissan were in it for the last couple of years but haven't been much of a contender, and I don't think iconic races like Bathurst will survive without one of the two traditional players to draw in the crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    All the other manufacturers that joined, Merc, Nissan and Volvo have all left the series. It's currently Mustangs v Commodores.

Ford 1, 2 & 3
    Can't ask for more