Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: RIP Holden

  1. #1
    Join Date
    24th May 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    33,818

    Default RIP Holden

    As a happy Holden owner for 16 years, this is sad news... and without warning.

    If only they could sell it back to an Australian company.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    10th May 2008
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    1,324

    Default

    The car industry here is unfortunately dead... our high labour costs just don't entice investors to even bother anymore as it's been so heavily reliant on government handouts
    I don't think a local company would want to buy the brand.
    It'll probably get resurrected in better times as some limited release internationally? Who knows...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    28th Feb 2009
    Location
    Katoomba
    Posts
    2,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChlorHex View Post
    The car industry here is unfortunately dead... our high labour costs just don't entice investors to even bother anymore as it's been so heavily reliant on government handouts
    I don't think a local company would want to buy the brand.
    It'll probably get resurrected in better times as some limited release internationally? Who knows...
    Yeah, all the handouts go to big mining now.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    12th Jun 2011
    Location
    Gladstone
    Posts
    4,961

    Default

    All I'm thinking about is what does this mean for the Supercars championship? They can't run the series with just Mustangs.

    I'd love it if they changed from this unique version of touring cars we have at the moment and made it a GT3 championship. Surely Ford could get the Mustang homologated as a GT3 car.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    11th Dec 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    All I'm thinking about is what does this mean for the Supercars championship? They can't run the series with just Mustangs.

    I'd love it if they changed from this unique version of touring cars we have at the moment and made it a GT3 championship. Surely Ford could get the Mustang homologated as a GT3 car.
    Wasn’t there Nissan’s and Mercedes racing in it? I havnt watched it in years.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    27th Dec 2007
    Location
    Sydney NSW
    Posts
    36,185

    Default

    My first car was a 1981 Holden Gemini.

    griffin - you may (or may not) remember riding in that when I first met you, dirge and dsaint back in Jan/Feb(?) 1998.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    11th Dec 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    My first car was a 1981 Holden Gemini.

    griffin - you may (or may not) remember riding in that when I first met you, dirge and dsaint back in Jan/Feb(?) 1998.
    My first car was a 1976 Holden Gemini.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    24th May 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    33,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Wasn’t there Nissan’s and Mercedes racing in it? I havnt watched it in years.
    I know nissan were in it for the last couple of years but haven't been much of a contender, and I don't think iconic races like Bathurst will survive without one of the two traditional players to draw in the crowds.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    12th Jun 2011
    Location
    Gladstone
    Posts
    4,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Wasn’t there Nissan’s and Mercedes racing in it? I havnt watched it in years.
    All the other manufacturers that joined, Merc, Nissan and Volvo have all left the series. It's currently Mustangs v Commodores.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    7th Feb 2013
    Location
    2164
    Posts
    8,426

    Default

    Ford 1, 2 & 3
    Can't ask for more

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •