Thread: TFA Snarl (the real one)

Default TFA Snarl (the real one)

Yes I know there was an animated Snarl released, but to me it's Slag.
    This is the end of my animated quest - I wanted a Thundercracker, Slipstream and all five dinobots.
    Snarl is a reworked Snarl/Slag. I took the horns and collar off. Reworked the head assembly so it's closer to the body. Screwed the horns into the tail. Glued the panels on, except for the chest ones which I managed to screw on for greater security. The panels are from a CW Blades stabiliser fins and a pair of wings cut into three (I think from Doubledealer?). The head was repainted, with the horns removed and some bits added. I also restored the light piping by scraping the paint off his eyes.
    Got to be careful in bot mode otherwise the beast head ends up in a ... suggestive location.

lightpiping restored!

That works really well, shame they didn't think to do that back then could have been an easy remold.

Come to think of it, did the TFA Dinobots get reused at all by Hasbro? The Takara Adventure versions were some years later.

Fantastic re-imagining of the mold, the gold is just the perfect colour to draw attention but not be too garish.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Pretty Cool mate

Would it compromise the dino head if you shave off/shaped the old dino nose hinge?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    Pretty Cool mate

Would it compromise the dino head if you shave off/shaped the old dino nose hinge?
    Thanks
    I think it would - as best as I can tell it's hollow under the hinge and didn't want the hassle of sculpting the nose back together.
    If someone has a junker head and wants to experiment, let me know