Size/class - Leader
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - Four
    Released here - ??
    Approximate Retail Price - $100
    Approximate Size - 23cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Terex O&K RH400 excavator
    Main Features/Gimmicks - combines with fellow Constructicons to form Devastator(TM)
    Main Colours - red, black
    Main Accessories - None

P.S.: Scavenger has no Decepticon insignia. The logos on the shoulders are stickers that I've applied myself.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 19th February 2020 at 11:33 PM.

Pulled this guy off the shelf on Sunday and brought him along to a fan meet. Admittedly, I bought these Constructicons just to combine so haven't been paying much attention to their individual modes, but I did quite enjoy messing with Scavenger on the weekend. Perhaps due to his wideness it makes him feel even larger than a regular leader, or it could just be me who thinks that.
    I'll admit the top of the vehicle mode is very open, but hey it's a combiner so I'll forgive that. I like that the arm on the vehicle mode has multiple points of articulation and he also has a secret motorbike mode.

Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

I found Scavenger a bit tricky to transform at first, because of all the different parts that rotate on a common axis. Once this is mastered, he's not particularly difficult to transform, save for the fasteners for his arms, which are surprisingly tough - probably to hold the weight of the arms in combined mode.

Scavenger's distinctive body plan makes him interesting to look at, and he's a great example of the alien design aesthetic that the movie designers embraced. The large wheels, the width of his shoulders and his massive arms make him seem really big, even though, at 24cm, he's only marginally taller than Blackout.

For anyone who's curious, his backdrop is the same Egyptian quarry that the other Constructicons to date have come with.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Well I have had Scavenger in my sweaty little hands for a day now and I have to say he is interesting. Definitely feels and looks alien. I love the texture of the big wheels. Shifting stuff around that central axis makes me nervous. I have seen a comment suggesting that it is an exercise in looking for a panel to break and I can see where that comes from. Lots of strong joints. Lots of plastic at right angles. The plastic is strong but it just takes one pull at a bad angle... Splitting the excavator arm was the trickiest part. You need to twist it the right way to get the clips in the grey sections to let go. Mine is missing a screw there which makes it worse.

Speaking of points of failure, I hope Overload has more attachment points than just the big wheel. I find it hard to believe that the whole upper body of Devastator will be dependent on that one narrow spoke that attaches the wheel to the body.

Posing Scavenger's bot mode is proving fiddly. I have to remember that I can tip the torso sections back rather than relying on the shoulder joints. But boy he looks good when posed.

Excavator mode is solid enough. I wish they found some extra panels to cover the centre line, but it is what it is. Looking at him on my desk I had a real urge to rename him "Bill".

On the whole I like Bill and can recommend him if you can get your hands on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellico View Post
    Speaking of points of failure, I hope Overload has more attachment points than just the big wheel. I find it hard to believe that the whole upper body of Devastator will be dependent on that one narrow spoke that attaches the wheel to the body.
    I had to go back and look, as the link of the wheel to overload is amazingly strong. Then I realised your meaning the spoke from the wheel to scavengers Body.

The way they come together, yes the spoke is the only connect point to scavenger, but the arms end up below this point so there doesn’t feel like there is any weight on the joint at all. Mixmaster connects to scavenger, but not properly to overload, but a little bit of the weight here just sits on parts of overload. All in all it doesn’t look thee is any extra stress involved, and the spoke is a solid non moving spine basically, so no damage while moving it around.

I wasn't a big fan of the movie Constructicon designs back when RotF came out, but having these characters in plastic forms that can combine, I'm won over.

Scavenger's transformation is really simple, but how the treads disappear into one of 'bot mode's wheels is a stroke of brilliance - a wonderful use of geometry and volume. Shogo Hasui deserves a reward for this set.

imho every single one of these Constructicons warrants their individual purchase regardless of the Devastator aspect, and Scavenger here is among the best of them.

I see that you posted your review for this and Overload around the same time - did you get them together and would you recommend wherever you got the from? I need to order them at some point.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I see that you posted your review for this and Overload around the same time - did you get them together and would you recommend wherever you got the from? I need to order them at some point.
    Yep, got them from Amazon when they had local stock. Overload is sold out now I think but you can still back order it if you're not in a hurry.