• Only if cheap

0 0%
  • Only if something else (specify)

1 33.33%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

1 33.33%

Thread: Toy Review - SMALL FOOT (Legacy)

Default Toy Review - SMALL FOOT (Legacy)

Go-Bots SMALLFOOT
    Series - Generations (Selects)
    Sub-line - Legacy
    Hypo-line - United
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - Pretool & repaint of Legacy Gears
    Wave - N/A (Go-Bots Guardians 3 Pack)
    Released here - August 2024
    Approximate Retail Price - $130
    Approximate Size - 11cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Affiliation - Guardian
    Alt-mode - GMC Top Kick
    Main Features/Gimmicks - 5mm weapon and blast effects compatible
    Main Colours - yellow, red
    Main Accessories - x1 MR-35 pistol

NOTE: This toy is a repaint/pretool of Legacy Gears. Refer the Legacy Gears review thread for comments/thoughts about the original mould. This review thread will focus on changes made.

Note: Combiner Wars Bad Boy is a custom

Unlike Bad Boy, Treds and Pathfinder, whose colours are based on prototype G1 Minibot colours, the colours for e-Hobby Smallfoot and Road Ranger are original designs (and the colour for Bad Boy was based on the white Mexican Bumblebee). Smallfoot is the first Transformer CHUG Gobot toy to feature a retooled face that is based directly on the Go-Bot character, instead of being identical to the original mould (e.g. Bug Bite, Treds, Pathfinder), or based on the original mould's G1 toy head/face (e.g. Road Ranger, Crasher [Crasher's is the G1 toy-accurate head from Siege holo Mirage]). The colours are pretty much a spot-on match for the original e-Hobby Smallfoot, except for the grey hands which is likely due to gang moulding. I do like how her pistol has been given a silver coat of paint. Funnily enough, and this probably also due to having a shared manufacturing process with Legacy Gears, Smallfoot comes packaged with her breastplate unattached. This is something that Legacy Gears had to prevent theft, but given that the Go-Bot Guardians 3 pack is in a windowless box, it's an amusingly unnecessary security feature.

Overall this is a nice toy in its own right. As part of a $130 3 pack, I would have to say that it's only worth buying if you're also interested in Pathfinder and/or Treds, or if you're willing to go to the effort of selling unwanted figures. I'd like to collect all of the e-Hobby Go-Bots characters as CHUG toys, so this set is great for me. Now all we need is Bad Boy!

Refer to liberator.net's page on Small Foot to learn about the original toy, which was never released in Australia:
    https://www.the-liberator.net/site-f...oot-gobots.htm

Is it Small Foot or Smallfoot?
    The original Go-Bot is Small Foot, the Transformer is Smallfoot. The original e-Hobby toy (which was only individually named on the e-Hobby website), is called Sumoorufutto - with the name only ever written in Japanese Katakana. As "Go-Bots Smallfoot" is the first time that the Transformer toy's name has been written in English, it means that the official spelling for Transformer Smallfoot is "Smallfoot." All one word.

That eye mask isn't my thing. Otherwise I like her.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister