1 20.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

1 20.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - Studio Series Mixmaster

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

With the exception of Scavenger you should still be able to find them all on shelves.
    I wasn't going to get a SS Devastator but then in the deathly quiet first half of last year I bought a Rampage and was impressed with how he pulled off his alien nature. I got a Scrapmetal and he was okaaay but Hightower was gleefully weird. At that point I needed tubby old Long Haul and I was committed. I have Scavenger waiting to be opened and looking cool while I have been messing with Mixmaster all week. It is a commitment but the set will be a really unusual Transformer figure and stand out as vehicles, separate, and combined.

I actually like Mixmaster as a stand-alone figure more than I thought I would.

Aside from the hands and feet hanging out at the back, the cement mixer mode is actually pretty great. Love the little bulldog ornament.

'Bot mode is surprisingly good as well. The head sculpt is again fantastic as per TakTom's high standards. I wish a wrist swivel and a deeper elbow bend could've been worked in there to help his hands emote, but considering Devastator's head took up a fair share of parts count (which is absolutely gorgeous imo) it's completely understandable.

Last edited by doublespy; 20th September 2020 at 09:46 PM.