Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Fair 2020 toy reveals.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehirn View Post
    However it is laughable to say that is a hoverboard, it's just the mid section of a car without anything else.
    Isn't that what hoverboards are supposed to look like?

Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

(updated first post with mirrored images and product details from source link)

Scorponok... I will buy. Arcee? Yeah no. Sky Lynx? Probably not. Fast Track? Maybe.

To be honest... I'm just waiting for Hubcap since BBTS shipped my Cliffjumpers today (:

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post

To be honest... I'm just waiting for Hubcap since BBTS shipped my Cliffjumpers today (:
    Bet you're going to see it at retail before the mailman delivers ;p

I will probably buy Arcee as a completist, but I'm very happy with my 30th anniversary one and Titans Return Arcee. Both are really fun toys to transform, and accomplished it without shellforming. I'm more curious about what the Cyberverse Wave 2 Arcee looks like to be honest. This time tomorrow I'll probably know.

Likewise I was VERY happy with Combiner Wars Sky Lynx. But the base mode is something new and original we've never had before in a Sky Lynx, and might work well with Omega Spreem too. I'm hoping they show the two sets side-by-side at Toy Fair
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Sky Lynx is so amazing, my CW one is going to the IDW reject shelf I guess. Couldn’t be happier with all the modes, plus the Nasa and Magnificence details on the shuttle. I’m glad they decided to do something with the big blue block from the lynx and make a launch bay/base.

Arcee’s robot form looks pretty nice, but the “hoverboard” is just plain unacceptable at this point. I know Arcee is virtually impossible to pull off with both modes together, but they didn’t even try. I’ll be sticking to my Legends deluxe, which did a pretty decent job.

While I think Scorponok is super cool, he’s a pass for me. I’ve skipped Headmasters-onwards characters up to now and didn’t get Fort Max, so he would be out of place alone.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Definately keen for Sky-Lynx. Will have to see reviews first for Arcee. Scorponok not overly bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Bet you're going to see it at retail before the mailman delivers ;p
    I'm sure it'll turn up at the independents like Toyworld & Mr Toys before my parcel turns up. Of course, Sydney has few Toyworlds and none in my part of town... so I probably wont see him before the parcel comes. It's all Myer, K-Mart etc. And Fraser's Cycles who order new Transformers once a year...

Either way, I don't mind. If for whatever reason we don't get wave 1, I'm good. If we do, I'll probably grab myself a Wheeljack whom I wasn't keen enough on to pre-order (I did also pre-order Hoist).

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

More actual non-retailer leak reveals today from Hasbro. Another Ramp Master, some Micromasters that have already been leaked, an Airwave based on the Airport playset the G1 Airwave was packaged with, another Datsun mould and another Megatron.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...ir-2020/44529/

Directly revealed by Hasbro, Computer Renders of Earthrise....

Battlemaster - WFC-E39 - Decepticon Doublecrosser (another ramp alt-mode - a 2-headed bot like the Gen1 Autobot Doublecross) - October 1st
    Micromaster 2-pack - WFC-E16 - Astro Squad (Fuzer (front) & Autobot Blast Master (rear) - space shuttle) - August 1st
    (the Gen1 toys had the front bot called Phaser)
    Micromaster 2-pack - WFC-E15 - Race Track Patrol (Decepticon Ground Hog (blue) & Roller Force (purple) - race cars) - August 1st
    (the rendering colours could be off, as the car modes are the same as their Gen1 versions, but Gen1 Ground Hog was purple, and Roller Force was hot pink)
    Deluxe - WFC-E20 - Smokescreen - August 1st
    Deluxe - WFC-E18 - Airwave Modulator (a Decepticon, homaging the Gen1 Micromaster base that came with Airwave - same colours, just a lot brighter) - August 1st
    Voyager - WFC-E38 - Megatron (tank, with a sword that homages the original Japanese Gen1 Megatron sword, but looks like it plugs into something else) - October 1st

Last edited by griffin; 22nd February 2020 at 05:46 PM. Reason: added mirrored images and details

Loving that Airwave modulator, the most undecepticon colour scheme I've seen in some time.

Was there no preview dinner/breakfast this year?
    Usually we have the chosen few American website owners invited to the NY Toyfair to join the Hasbro people at a pre-Toyfair event that shows off some of the items that will be on display inside the Fair... but I haven't seen anything yet.
    The event starts today (it's currently 2am in New York), and they have already had the investor presentation (which you can see here - it doesn't reveal anything new for Transformers, as it talks more about the future of the Hasbro Corporation, and what Brands and performance to expect from them in the next 12 months).

So far all I can find is one person tweeting out a heap of photos of different exhibits (eight photos so far of the Transformer display - here for Generations/Studio Series and here for Cyberverse), from 14 hours ago, up to 5 hours ago (keeping in mind what time it is now in New York).
    Last edited by griffin; 28th February 2021 at 06:40 PM.