Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Fair 2020 toy reveals.

Finally... mirrored official images... for anyone who hasn't already seen them at the various links above.

Generations Selects & Earthrise

Generations Selects Cassette 4-pack - Frenzy, Wingthing, Knok, Skar.

Snapdragon

Doubledealer

Quintesson Judge

Quintesson Allicon

Runamuck

Airwave (the other two modes not released yet in the earlier post)

Studio Series

Scrapper

Sentinel Prime

Soundwave

Topspin

Cliffjumper

Blitzwing

Overload

Skipjack

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Th more and more I look at Earthrise & some Siege figures, I think they're scaled down MP figures. CHUG hasn't looked this good in a long time
    The larger Generations toys are nicely detailed and designed... and aside from Devastator, I'm not feeling as excited by recent Studio Series figures. It's almost like they've started giving up on making them look screen accurate. Look at Soundwave - the satellite mode is basically the robot mode bent backwards (the original TF2 toy looked better). And Blitzwing has the same problem at the back of the jet like the regular Bumblebee Movie toy had, with the feet kibble sticking out behind the wings.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Are the dates on Amazon accurate for the Earthrise figures announced at Toy Fair? September, October and November is when Amazon is expecting them to come in. Seems like a long time between wave 1 which is releasing now and the next wave.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=earthrise...nb_sb_ss_c_2_9
    The release dates on the Hasbro Pulse website don't seem to match up with most of the dates in the official press release dates at the beginning of this news posting... so they could show up at any time within a 3-4 month period.

For the Cyberverse official (rendered) images, check the link a few posts up, as there isn't anything too surprising or new... and most are the same repeat characters, so I don't want to spend half an hour processing and uploading the images.

Officer Class - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee
    Trooper Class - Bumblebee, Wildwheel, Meteorfire, Starscream, Megatron
    Warrior - Bumblebee, Megatron, Optimus Prime, Hammerbyte
    Deluxe - Thunderhowl, Arcee, Hot Rod, Grimlock

These are the Generations Netflix cartoon Walmart exclusives official images (the display photos are better to look at, as the rendered images don't show the black scarring too well).

Mirage as a Decepticon

Chromia

Hound

Sideswipe

Scrapface

Mystery Spoiler box

Hotlink 3-pack

Megatron 3-pack

BWTF have posted up their gallery of the Cyberverse display.

Most of these Cyberverse toys look really bad, particularly the alt-modes. Meteorfire and Hammerbyte look ridiculous, and the ones that have better looking alt-modes, have kibble and gimmick parts ruining their bot mode.
    And just how many versions of the same Bumblebee, Megatron, Optimus and Grimlock do we really need. Over half of the first two years of Autobot toys were Bumblebee, Optimus and Grimlock toys, and it's looking like year three will be the same.

Missed the official images of WFC-E13 Battlemaster Slitherfang, as TFW didn't have it in their Generations Gallery, so got it from BWTF instead.

Thoughts so far on figures of note:

1. Quintesson- my favourite of the lot, nailed it 100% with the screen look and faces, I'll probably get 3.

2. Scorponok- pretty cool, but will be passing as I skipped Fort Max and the other '87 bots.

3. Runamuck- looks nice and clean, I wish they'd have put some orange highlights on there, think I saw a TFW digibash with orange waist and collar/neck area that was so much better.

4. Alicon- very slick robot mode that looks even better in the actual IRL toy they displayed, alt-mode is passable but could be better. I will definitely get at least one, maybe a second.

5. Arcee- While the robot mode looks nice, the kibble and hoverboard situation is just plain unacceptable. I'll be staying with my Takara Legends Arcee.

6. Smokescreen- He looks great, but I am infinitely peeved about releasing this after just giving us three very GEEWUN Datsun bros, albeit with Cybertronian (barely) alt modes. I will probably get him, but only because I hadn't actually got Selects Smokescreen yet.

7. Sky Lynx- one of the best looking figures revealed in the newer CHUG lines, so much interactivity and cool features. Super excited.

I hate to sound super sour, but I'm really disappointed in Hasbro about the whole "now retool all the Siege figures into Earth modes and sell them again" thing. It's really obviously money-grubbing, which is a shame given so much recent dedication to meeting fan expectations that otherwise comes through in the other figures. Having options is great and the Siege toys themselves are cool, but they knew what they were doing when they gave us irresistable cartoon robot modes, which most probably didn't expect to see sold back to them a year later with slightly better alt modes that only just warrant a repurchase. Now there's a bunch of people feeling stupid for having what was only last year pretty definitive versions of characters. Seekers are a little more forgivable, given that their Siege figures had specific purpose in existing due to the tetrajet alt mode, so I'm mostly fine with them.

I expect nearly all the other Siege bots done so far will get new Earth mode figures:
    - Sideswipe
    - Red Alert
    - Hound
    - Prowl
    - Bluestreak
    - Ironhide (lacking good representation before Siege)
    - Ratchet (lacking good representation before Siege)

Pretty disappointing at the least and aggravating at the worst. Hard to say how fans will respond with their wallets, but something's telling me we're gonna give in and buy the new versions anyway. Also pretty cheap of them is throwing blue Frumble into a four pack exclusive with a bunch of obscure decos, when he didn't need to be. Pretty low, Enemy would have fared much better, and Frumble should have been in a two pack with the now absent Buzzsaw.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Will wait for an MPM of Sentinel Prime but that SS version looks incredible.

Really excited overall with what was revealed over the weekend. Have placed the following preorders:

- Micromaster Spy Patrol (splitting the set with a friend who wants the Powermasters)
    - Earthrise Quintesson Judge
    - Earthrise Arcee
    - Earthrise Allicon
    - Earthrise Skylynx
    - Studio Series Scrapper
    - Studio Series Overload
    - Studio Series Skipjack
    - Studio Series Blitzwing
    - Studio Series Cliffjumper

I'm not too fussed on Megatron and Snapdragon but if I see them locally I'll get them. Didn't see preorders for Doublecrosser or the Astro Squad but I'll definitely be securing those as soon as I can.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Also pretty cheap of them is throwing blue Frumble into a four pack exclusive with a bunch of obscure decos, when he didn't need to be.
    I find incredibly annoying the the 'obscure decos' (which I really want) are characters associated as a part of another character and are pulse exclusive....