Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Fair 2020 toy reveals.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Was there no preview dinner/breakfast this year?
    Usually we have the chosen few American website owners invited to the NY Toyfair to join the Hasbro people at a pre-Toyfair event that shows off some of the items that will be on display inside the Fair... but I haven't seen anything yet.
    The event starts today (it's currently 2am in New York), and they have already had the investor presentation (which you can see here - it doesn't reveal anything new for Transformers, as it talks more about the future of the Hasbro Corporation, and what Brands and performance to expect from them in the next 12 months).

So far all I can find is one person tweeting out a heap of photos of different exhibits (eight photos so far of the Transformer display - here for Generations/Studio Series and here for Cyberverse), from 14 hours ago, up to 5 hours ago (keeping in mind what time it is now in New York).
    Maybe people's paranoia about the coronavirus has put off Hasbro from doing some of its normal events?

Next weekend is PAX East in Boston. People are pulling out of that sighting the coronavirus despite no real threat to America.

Prepare to feel the sting of scorponok!

Still going through the Investor presentation...

The Netflix WFC cartoon will start showing in June (which I'm guessing would be accessible here as well if we get the same Netflix content here).
    They were shown a trailer for the new cartoon, but it was not made public yet, so nothing was noted of its contents.

A new games console game was announced (it's been several years since the last one), called Doom of Cybertron, that may be part of Cyberverse. It will be released on the Nintendo Switch gaming console.
    A Virtual Reality game was also announced as being in production, but no name or details were given.

Something I found interesting is that over the last ten years, Hasbro has sent over US$4 Billion of its profits to shareholders as dividends and buybacks. What a waste. They could have been investing it into their products (to make better quality toys), or keeping it as part of their warchest to buy up assets or brands, or even buy out rivals to make them too big of a target for takeover (and to have more assets and cash on hand if a sudden financial speedbump suddenly hit them).
    Obviously this being an investor presentation, Hasbro are wanting to make their business sound even more profitable to their share-holders, to make sure that they keep their shares and don't suddenly sell off a large amount, driving down the share price (which would look like the business is losing value, despite nothing actually changing with its sales and profit numbers). It is also meant to appeal to potential investors, so that they fight over the shrinking number of shares to drive up their price (for the benefit of people like the boss of Hasbro who would have a lot of shares given to him as part of his salary).

One thing I found surprising was this slide, that admits how much Hasbro America makes on their toys when they sell them to retailers - 61.7%.
    That means that the total cost of producing a toy and having it in their American warehouse to ship off to a retailer is just 38.3% of the wholesale price... the other 61.7% is profit that pays their American staff (including designers), American office expenses (including the buildings), product development, marketing, taxes, shareholder payments and warchest profits.
    So if a retailer was to buy a (large) item for $100 (which they would then sell for about $150 at the usual markup rate of RRPs), that $150 retail toy only cost Hasbro a total of $38.30 to manufacture it and have it arrive at their warehouse from Asia. Just take a look at the percentage cost of "Resins" which is the plastics in the toys, just 5.1% of the wholesale cost of a toy (on average), which is less than the cost of the packaging and instructions (6.8%).
    Obviously, toys sold outside of America have different cost, like no product development and limited additional marketing, offsetting the commission that get paid back to America for selling their products in other countries.

It has been a huge news day today for Transformers, and NY Toyfair doesn't officially start for another few hours...
    I've been sitting at my computer for most of the day today with the new reveals, and I expect that tomorrow will be even more busy, with the Hasbro presentation, the toy displays, and the official product press-releases with new images.

On the downside - this year the Melbourne Toyfair is only a couple of days after the New York Toyfair (usually it is 2-3 weeks later), so don't expect to see too much unreleased stuff next weekend, as there won't be enough time for Hasbro in America to pull down their New York exhibit on Wednesday the 26th and send unreleased pre-production samples to Melbourne before Hasbro Australia put together their exhibit on Saturday the 29th. As such, I expect to see a display of current products that are either in stores, or soon will be as they are at the Hasbro warehouse in Sydney.

And no... there is no exclusive product reveal this year either for us Australians.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    And no... there is no exclusive product reveal this year either for us Australians.
    Are you not going to Aussie Toy Fair this year? I was hoping to see a side by side shot of G1 Scorponok with WFC Scorponok.

(mirrored images to come - links and details first for those who are already online)

Official images for Generations (including the first batch of Netflix toys) - Cyberverse - Studio series

Exhibit display photos - Generations and here - Netflix Generations - Cyberverse (not yet) - Studio Series

Generations
    Micromaster (Generations Selects):

• Rumble (that’s what the description says)
    • Wingthing
    • Knok
    • Skar

Battlemaster:

• Slither Fang

Deluxe:

• Runamuck
    • Alicon
    • Decepticon Mirage (Netflix)
    • Chromia (Netflix)
    • Sideswipe (Netflix)
    • Scrapface (Netflix)
    • Hound (Netflix)

Voyager:

• Snapdragon
    • Quintesson Judge
    • Megatron (Netflix)
    • Hotlink (Netflix)

Leader:

• Doubledealer
    • Mystery/Unboxing (Netflix)
    Cyberverse
    Officer Class:

• Optimus Prime
    • Bumblebee

Trooper Class:

• Bumblebee
    • Wildwheel
    • Meteorfire
    • Starscream
    • Megatron

Warrior:

• Bumblebee
    • Megatron
    • Optimus Prime
    • Hammerbyte

Deluxe:

• Thunderhowl
    • Arcee
    • Hot Rod
    • Grimlock
    Studio Series
    Deluxe:

• Cliffjumper (BB movie)
    • Top Spin (DOTM)
    • Soundwave (ROTF)

Voyager:

• Scrapper (ROTF)
    • Sentinel Prime (DOTM)
    • Skipjack (ROTF)
    • Blitzwing (BB movie)

Leader:

• Overload (ROTF)

Galleries of the toy displays inside the toyfair...

TFW2005
    Generations Earthrise
    Generations Netflix Walmart exclusives (the actual toys that have scorching are a lot darker scorching than the official computer rendered images)
    Studio Series

Seibertron
    Generations
    Generations Earthrise
    Studio Series

BWTF
    Generations
    Studio Series

Allspark
    Generations

Licensed items
    Flame Toys
    Super 7
    Good Smile
    Tiger hand-held game

No sign of Botbots, Authentics or Rescue Bots this year.

Okay... there was a Botbots display, but it hasn't yet appeared on the major sites yet (probably still processing the photos of the "priority" toys).
    With the recent release of Series 5 in America and the official images of the Series 6 6-packs, there doesn't appear to be anything new on display.

And one of the photos has a couple of Rescue Bots on the edge of it, so there was a Rescue Bots display as well... so I'll keep an eye out for a fansite to post up photos, eventually (if at all).

BWTF's Botbots gallery here.

Th more and more I look at Earthrise & some Siege figures, I think they're scaled down MP figures. CHUG hasn't looked this good in a long time

Are the dates on Amazon accurate for the Earthrise figures announced at Toy Fair? September, October and November is when Amazon is expecting them to come in. Seems like a long time between wave 1 which is releasing now and the next wave.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=earthrise...nb_sb_ss_c_2_9