Thread: Are Jetfire and Skyfire the same character in your headcanon?

Default Are Jetfire and Skyfire the same character in your headcanon?

In my headcanon, Jetfire (the G1 toy and subsequent toys based off the Macross design) are not the same character Skyfire from the G1 cartoon. My reasoning is the different names. Jetfire often being armed to the teeth whereas Skyfire was a scientist. And finally, the Macross alt-mode not matching the cartoon alt-mode.

I was wondering if anyone else has Jetfire and Skyfire as separate characters in their headcanon?

Also, do you guys have your own headcanon that differs from what would be considered official canon?

Please do not debate peoples ideas and say they are wrong. This is just headcanon.

I feel very similar to you. Jetfire is a G1 toy, Skyfire is a G1 cartoon character. The two are entirely different to me, thus Classics Jetfire (armoured up) is my CHUG version of the G1 toy while Siege is my CHUG version of the G1 cartoon character.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

For me Jetfire and Skyfire are the same character, he just had a G1 toy that didn't look right and a slightly different name in the cartoon - but as a youngster I always held the comic as the one true canon and that depiction (Jetfire with the Skyfire design) was obviously correct.

I've accumulated so much headcanon over the years that much of it as blurred with my memories of actual canon though. For instance I believe Beast Wars' beast modes being an evolution of the Pretender process Scorponok created and the Micromaster process Thunderwing created (and that is one of the clues that Beast Wars is set in the G1 comic universe not the G1 cartoon universe). I think some official or approved works have tied the Beast Wars to those concepts.

The Odieverse is kind of a mishmash of various characters from various lines/continuities all shoved into the same joke-continuity, so for me Skyfire is the G1 Skyfire and Jetfire is the Australian-y plane guy from the Cybertron part of the Unicron trilogy. He's part of a Special Operations/commando sub-group with Outback and Tasmania Kid. Skyfire mostly gets called upon to play sky-taxi like in the G1 cartoon, but finds it really frustrating 'cos he's a scientist a la his G1 bio and transport duty keeps interrupting his scientific work/research.

I kinda view them as separate. Same character concept, but different versions to me.

Jetfire is the toy guy... and to be honest I've never warmed to that toy. The design just doesn't feel like other G1 toys of the era (what with most of them being Takara and that toy being Bandai).

Skyfire? The cartoon character whom I have more attachment to.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Meh... to me it's like asking a Whovian who's they're favourite Who. We have versions of various characters that we prefer over the other, same goes for Jetfire. It just so happens that in one continuity (G1 cartoon), he happened to go by the name of "Skyfire," but a Valkyrie by any other name.

Jetfire was one of my favourite characters as a 1980s kid. But at that age I was disappointed the original cartoon called him Skyfire and the toy didn't quite look the same. It also bugged me that he knew Starscream as an F15 jet on Cybertron, but I digress. And that was my only experience with Jetfire - I didn't read the comics or follow any other version of him. So, in my head, Jetfire and Skyfire are the same - so much so that when I created my OTCA profile I tried Jetfire, and found it was taken, I chose "Skyfire". So getting my Siege "Jetfire", which looks the most cartoon-accurate (in my view), reconciles my childhood nicely!

Heh, back in the pre-internet days of interacting with people online via just local dial-up BBSs, I came across a guy with the handle of "skyfire" and I initially got excited thinking that it might be another TF fan. It wasn't.

bee boo doop doop bee doo doop doop

bee boo doop doop bee doo doop doop

KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH KKKRRRRRRRRR PPSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH