Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sneak peeks of upcoming toys on walmart website

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Allicon doesn't look right to me, standing upright in beast mode... I hope that the actual toy is able to be more low-lying like in the 1986 movie, as it looks really good in robot mode, and the beast head is really nice, so having it standing upright would spoil it a bit. And it just looks like it turns around to transform, as you can see the other mode arms in both modes...

In years past I'd just say that the photographer didn't know how to transform the figure and pose it. These days with the CGI renders......

I wonder if Hasbro would finally be willing to do a Euro G1 character and make an Earthrise Stalker out of Double Dealer?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Thanks for mirroring those images, Griffin.

I'm a bit crushed DD doesn't come with 2 Titanmasters at the very least. Those MS Paint battle damage apps are also a bit how you goin'? We've moved away from bird poo to cat scratches
    It's been revealed, Hasbro is doing a generations selects set of 4 micromaster tapes and that 2 of them are supposed to emulate the powermasters. If you look at Doubledealer's chest and here in vehicle mode there's space for a micromaster tape to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Thanks for mirroring those images, Griffin.

I'm a bit crushed DD doesn't come with 2 Titanmasters at the very least. Those MS Paint battle damage apps are also a bit how you goin'? We've moved away from bird poo to cat scratches
    I guess I can understand why they didn't go the Titanmaster route, because the original Doubledealer was a Powermaster, and those little guys turned into engines that were more rectangular than head-shaped...
    So it looks like the Transformers guys at Hasbro thought about that with Doubledealer, by releasing two cassette-bots as Knok (Rumble with new head) and Skar (Ratbat with new head) as part of a 4-pack in the Generations Selects line (which means two separate purchases to complete Doubledealer), AND... they gave the Doubledealer toy a place to store one cassette (maybe both?) to homage the original toy having one Powermaster plugged in to unlock one of its two alt-modes.

As for the cat scratches on Megatron - the Netflix trailer actually has Megatron with deep gashes on his chest, so those paint apps end up being cartoon accurate, even if it looks a little insignificant on the toy.

The Titanmasters thing was the cheapest add-on that could work with a figure that I could think of, but yeah, glad that they've given us a proper Skar & Knok that works with DD.

And that kids is why you should wait for full reveals

It's understandable to initially assume that it should have come with Titanmasters, as previous "Powermasters" had Titanmasters (Optimus, Dreadwing, Darkwing, Overlord, Getaway), and if Doubledealer had Titanmasters they would have scaled with those others... but now they won't.

Now we kinda need remoulds of the Rumble/Frenzy/Knok toy done as other Powermaster engines to scale with Knok and Skar. Something TakaraTomy probably would have done, if they weren't stuck with just releasing Hasbro product (they did it during Titanmasters, releasing various Targetmaster guns with their toys, because Hasbro were only releasing the heads as their Nebulan companions).

It was noted on twitter that Doubledealer could possibly be tooled as Deathsaurus and this new powermaster-emulating gimmick also used to replicate the Breastmaster gimmick.

Someone noted on twitter somewhere that they think Decepticon Mirage's colour scheme might have been inspired by Rescue Bots Morbot... which I can now see.

The Earthrise Sunstreaker and Trailbreaker that have been expected are now revealed thanks to another retailer jumping the gun.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...evealed/44583/

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    The Earthrise Sunstreaker and Trailbreaker that have been expected are now revealed thanks to another retailer jumping the gun.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...evealed/44583/
    Totally used the wrong mould for G1 Sunstreaker -Wheeljack should have been used. Now it looks like a half arsed attempt at his Countach super tuned mode, except the rear end of the car isn't there.

Trailbreaker is Trailbreaker.