Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix WFC toys and cartoon

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Apparently the Comicbook.com site has revealed that the three War For Cybertron cartoon series, will only be 6 episodes each, of around 20 minutes per episode... making each of the three chapters about 2 hours long... which isn't much, particularly if it is meant to be advertising toys.

Maybe all three series will be released within a 12 month period, as it has to catch up on Siege first (in June), and they would want to have the Earthrise chapter screening before the toyline ends at the end of the year, with the 3rd chapter of the cartoon released at the beginning of next year if they want it to sell that next chapter of toys.
    I think Cyberverse has proven that a lot of story can be conveyed in a limited amount of time.

WFC Netflix spotted in Singapore. Can't wait to get my very first Skywarp, especially to go with my Thundercracker tetrajet (go Episode 1!!!)

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threa...#post-17778888

I'm so disappointed with that Ultra Magnus. I was hoping for a premium paint job, at the very least with nicely done battle damage, not just a very dirty deco (Delta Magnus would have been nice but it was a pipe dream). If it had appeared a couple of days later I'd honestly have thought this was an April Fool's.

Looks like Japan will be getting the Netflix toys, with the first two showing up as pre-orders on various sites for September... and not as TakaraTomyMall exclusives either (considering over half of the Earthrise toys are limited release TTM exclusives, the odds of the Netflix redecos being released in Japan were slim, particularly as regular release toys at that).

War For Cybertron Series (Netflix series)
    - WFC-01 - Mirage (DLX - same as Hasbro version?) - SEPT 26th (3000yen)
    - WFC-02 - Hound (DLX - same as Hasbro version?) - SEPT 26th (3000yen)

Seeing the reviews of the Netflix redecos, I'm super hyped for the show and the toys-Megatron and Hotlink to me are instant buys... and after watching reviews, The Impactor redo (Scrapface?) and Sideswipe are also looking pretty nice too.

Still not even close to sold on Hound though... and I agree I was kind of hoping for a Decepticon UM or something, that would have been interesting

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post
    Seeing the reviews of the Netflix redecos, I'm super hyped for the show and the toys-Megatron and Hotlink to me are instant buys... and after watching reviews, The Impactor redo (Scrapface?) and Sideswipe are also looking pretty nice too.

Still not even close to sold on Hound though... and I agree I was kind of hoping for a Decepticon UM or something, that would have been interesting
    You mean refraktor(reflector) not impactor, impactor is a tank not one of the camera dudes

A decepticon UM would be nice but a delta magnus, now that would have been something

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    You mean refraktor(reflector) not impactor, impactor is a tank not one of the camera dudes
    Haha yep, was looking at both of them on my shelf while I typed and got confused

Here's a nice gallery of photos of the entire first wave of the Netflix toys, including three Scrapface toys combined as a camera.

I don't know why I never thought of it, but since it is a redeco of Reflector/Refraktor, is anyone going to be buying 3 of them to make the camera mode, or just get one and only see it as having a spaceship mode that just looks a little like Reflector in bot mode (a bit like the Clones having identical bot modes but completely different alt-modes).

3 of course!

Nicer paint job than the origjnal