Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix WFC toys and cartoon

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It would be like having every WFC Megatron toy just called "WFC Megatron" here... that wouldn't be much help to anyone.
    Indeed

Are we even likely to see Ultra Magnus here? Odd that the other wave 1 toys have been out for a while without a sighting.

Stay tuned, as there will be news on that shortly.

(in case you missed the news posting, Ultra Magnus is being held back for the Christmas sales)

The Netflix WFC cartoon is being released in quite a few countries, in quite a few languanges, and info on the Japanese dub has been revealed, showing that there are a number of voice actors on the project who have done voices for Transformers before.

• Optimus Prime – Tessho Genda – The original G1 Convoy/Optimus Prime voice in Japan.
    • Bumblebee – Ryohei Kimura – Well-known for Japanese Transformers fans as Bumblebee’s voice in Transformers Adventures (RID 2015) and the Bumblebee movie.
    • Elita 1 – Kikuko Inoue – Veteran and famous voice actress. The original voice of Kasumi Tendo from Ranma 1/2 and Belldandy from Oh! My Goddess. She dubbed Zizza in Transformers Adventure (RID2015).
    • Megatron – Houchou Otsuka – Another veteran seiyuu and the memorable voice of Jiraiya in Naruto. He has voiced many Transformers characters in the Japanese G1 shows like Ultra Magnus, Ranger (Masterforce) and Guyhawk (Victory) among others.
    • Shockwave – Chafurin – Voice of Cicadacon in Beast Wars and Octopunch in Transformers Adventure.
    • Jetfire -Kenji Nomura – Jetfire’s voice in Revenge Of The Fallen is coming back for War For Cybertron.
    • Ultra Magnus – Kazuhiko Inoue – The voice of Micronus in Transformers Adventure (RID 2015) now comes as the big and tall Autobot warrior.
    • Starscream – Setsuji Satou – He voiced several characters from the live-action movies (like Mohawk) and Transformers adventures.
    There is also the trailer for the Japanese version, which has a couple of differences to the scenes shown in the American trailers.

The "SDCC at home" panel for the makers of the Netflix cartoon talked very briefly about the cartoon (that starts in just 4 days time), which can be seen here on youtube, with a short clip from the show.
    Last edited by griffin; 26th July 2020 at 01:45 PM.

For anyone who wants to read a review with some minor spoilers, the owner of TFW was able to watch all 6 episodes in advance to review (other American fansites probably also got an advance look as well, so be careful of spoilers in them if you are wanting to watch this cartoon).

For anyone who wants to read a review with some minor spoilers, the owner of TFW was able to watch all 6 episodes in advance to review (other American fansites probably also got an advance look as well, so be careful of spoilers in them if you are wanting to watch this cartoon).
    Yeah, Optibotimus has a review of it on his channel also. Spoilers if you choose to click the link: https://youtu.be/oYVGgNvbQoc
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Yeah, Optibotimus has a review of it on his channel also. Spoilers if you choose to click the link: https://youtu.be/oYVGgNvbQoc
    Anyone who's read/watched these able to give a spoiler-free version of their opinions? I am quite anxious about how the quality will be.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I?d be curious to know if the tv show has given any hints as to Wave 2 Leader unboxing......

I was SO disappointed to see only six episodes, so I?m going to space them out..... but I really want to know the toy so I know whether or not to order it online.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I?d be curious to know if the tv show has given any hints as to Wave 2 Leader unboxing......
    It did. There was basically a cameo appearance for another Siege Leader toy in the last episode. It’s a random enough appearance that it could be considered a spoiler for the toy purposes.