Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix WFC toys and cartoon

A new trailer for the Netflix series...

And screencaps from the trailer at tfw.

That trailer looks good! I'm looking forward to this.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Nice to see Elita isn't another limb bot.

This trilogy could blow me away more than the Prime Wars trilogy.

Just a warning for those looking at buying the Netflix toys - get a good look at the toys to make sure they are the correct ones, as it is easy to just quickly grab a full set by focussing more on the names on the box or the toy moulds inside the box, and maybe not noticing the deco version at first. We don't really have much "repacking and returning to stores" here in Australia, but in America it is noticed a fair bit, and since the Netflix Deluxe toys are in the same size box as the Seige/Earthrise toys, whole inner trays have been swapped out to get the new one with a different deco (post #955 if that link doesn't send you to the right page). Further on in that topic, it was noted that someone else found the Netflix Voyager boxes with Siege versions of Megatron and Thundercracker swapped into the Megatron and Hotlink boxes (no photo), while another person found a Hotlink box with a TF2 Deluxe Soundwave & a Tiny Changer & POTP Pretender shell (post #979). That last one is pretty obvious to us collectors, but if a store staff member didn't notice or care, it could be a problem if you have a relative or friend grab you something based on the name on the box.

btw, this toyline is officially known as "Trilogy," not "Netflix."
    https://tfwiki.net/wiki/War_for_Cybe...logy_(toyline)
    Yeah, I know that the nickname that everyone's been giving it has been "Netflix," but just pointing out that "Netflix" is an unofficial nickname for the line, but the toys are officially called "Trilogy." This is similar to how...
    * Some fans refer to the 1998 Japanese Beast Wars toys as "Beast Wars II" (often misread as "Two" instead of "Second"), obviously because the cartoon that those toys appeared in was called "Beast Wars Second."
    * Some fans refer to the 1999 Japanese Beast Wars toys (aside from BWM) as "Beast Wars Neo" for the same reason as BWII.
    * Almost every Anglophone fan referred to Transformers Car Robot as "Transformers 2000" even though neither the show nor the toyline was called that.

I'm not necessarily bagging out fan terms. After all "gestalt" and "Generation 1" are fan terms (and Generation 1 became an official term in 2000), but just saying that it is officially called "Trilogy." Hence why the review thread for Trilogy Scrapface is called that, and not "Netflix." Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    btw, this toyline is officially known as "Trilogy," not "Netflix."
    To me it looks like it is called 'Transformers: War For Cybertron Trilogy', which is going to make things confusing very quick as both Siege and Earthrise toys are under the 'Transformers War For Cybertron Trilogy' banner.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    * Some fans refer to the 1998 Japanese Beast Wars toys as "Beast Wars II" (often misread as "Two" instead of "Second"), obviously because the cartoon that those toys appeared in was called "Beast Wars Second."
    * Some fans refer to the 1999 Japanese Beast Wars toys (aside from BWM) as "Beast Wars Neo" for the same reason as BWII.
    * Almost every Anglophone fan referred to Transformers Car Robot as "Transformers 2000" even though neither the show nor the toyline was called that.
    Some fans also use the terms 'RID 2001' and 'RID 2015' to differentiate those series from each other, which are pretty well accepted. Calling these 'Trilogy' toys 'Netflix' makes it easier for everyone to quickly get their point across.
    If Hasbro wants us to use their official terms I feel like they need to try harder.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

I vote we call it 'Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy: War for Cybertron Trilogy'.

I was going to correct the lines name, then refreshed and lost it and thought it wasn't worth the bother... then decided it was and came back to others correcting it. So thanks guys, saved me the trouble!!!

As for being an anglophone... Wheres your proof? never have I ever called it, or heard it called Transformers 2000! Get your facts straight!