Default Toy Review - Earthrise Micromasters

MICROMASTERS
    Series - Earthrise
    Size/class - Micromaster
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Released here - February 2020
    Approximate Retail Price - $20 per set of two
    Approximate Size - 6cm
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Cybertronian Omnifunctional Modular Battlefield Assault Technology System

Autobot Hot Rod Patrol & Decepticon Military Patrol

Love Bombshock and Growl. The cars suffer a bit from Micromaster Car Disease, they're pretty boring and it's hard to do much with those arms that extend the same distance in both directions.

On the whole though I'm still very happy that Micromasters are back.

Is that $20 per set! :O

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Yeah, it's been that way for all of them - the old 'Legends' pricing used to be the same and also seemed out of whack with Deluxe/Voyager pricing.

I still would have preferred teams of 4, sold in the Deluxe price range. But I'm very biased since the G1 Micromasters were my favourite transformer toys as a kid, being able to have actual armies on a budget was fantastic.

But even so - great to see Hasbro giving this segment of TF history a nod, and even better that they're apparently keeping it going across all of the 'War For Cybertron' series...

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Yes, which makes them the same RRP as the Siege Micromasters. Which is stupidly expensive considering that, adjusting for inflation, it's the same price as the G1 Micromaster Patrols which gave us four figures per set instead of two. It's for this reason that I'd vote "Only if cheap." I really cannot in good conscience say that these are really worth the asking price.

I used a silver Sharpie pen and coloured in Trip-Up's faux chest engine.

The Decepticon pack is heaps of fun; I am really impressed by their poseability and how neat the alt modes are. Also think the weapon mode kinda makes sense (as much as these weapons can make sense).
    Sad that Bombshock doesn't have rolling wheels though, and that you can't remove his turret as a robot mode accessory.

"Astro Squad" & "Race Track Patrol"

"Astro Squad":
    * quite nice and finally feels like a CHUG Micromaster set that's a significant improvement over the G1s.
    * Nice use of the NASA logo (obviously trademark secured before for Sky Lynx)
    * Phaser (Fuzer) has a small cockpit moulded in which is concealed in their combined shuttle mode, meaning that both Blastmaster (Autobot Blast Master) and Phaser have independent shuttle modes!

"Race Track Patrol": Y U NO BARRICADE?!
    * Ground Hog and Roller Force's names are switched around. <sigh> I'm just going to refer to their original G1 names hereon.
    * Not sure why Roller Force is violet instead of pink, and Ground Hog is blue instead of indigo. Gah!
    * They've painted Roller Force's thighs blue for greater G1 accuracy but didn't bother painted Ground Hog's thighs yellow.
    * The lower leg transformation on Roller Force is pretty neat. The lower legs separate to become the spoiler and rear window of the car mode.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 9th October 2020 at 09:22 PM.

The inner arm/hand part broke off my Hyperdrive. The inner arm/hand is strongly tabbed into the roof part of the car (just below the side window) and the door panel is attached by a peg to the inner arm. So if you pull out the arm by using the panel, instead of by the hand, the inner arm/hand can be left behind still tabbed in and the peg snapped. It's the same design on Blackjack and similar moulds (Roadhandler, Swindler and I think other cars).

So a word of advice - pull the arm out using the hand not just the door.

Is there a group photo of all the ones released?

Are we getting the Astro Squad and Race Track Patrol in general retail if it ever opens again?