View Poll Results: Earthrise Optimus Prime - worth buying?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 56.00%
  • Only of (cheap or something else)

9 36.00%
  • No

1 4.00%
  • Not even interested

1 4.00%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Earthrise Leader Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post
    I know, but now I've missed all the pre-orders so getting one is going to be interesting :P

EDIT: Just took the plunge and bought 2 from Myer, hoping there's a chance I get at least 1 OP-let's see hahaha
    That's what I did, hoping to get 1 Astro and 1 OP. Got 2x OPs. I'm fairly happy with that outcome - I can use the second trailer for my G1 cab-only recent re-release. But I wish OP was a bit larger.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    That's what I did, hoping to get 1 Astro and 1 OP. Got 2x OPs. I'm fairly happy with that outcome - I can use the second trailer for my G1 cab-only recent re-release. But I wish OP was a bit larger.
    I've got Astro from Seige so if I get another Astro I'll probably just send back to Myer.

I know, but now I've missed all the pre-orders so getting one is going to be interesting :P
    EDIT: Just took the plunge and bought 2 from Myer, hoping there's a chance I get at least 1 OP-let's see hahaha
    So did I, which is why I paid full quid instead of pre-order discount. Yeah, Myer would've been cheaper but I couldn't be bothered going through the hassle of rolling the dice to see if I get an Optimus Prime or an Astrotrain (latter more likely) so I just bit the bullet and paid full price for an Optimus Prime from somewhere else.

Good luck with your Myer gamble though.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    I got pranked-2 Astros! Ah well, I tried. Thankfully Myer is good with returns atm.

I got pranked-2 Astros! Ah well, I tried.
    As expected, and precisely why I personally didn't bother with Myer. Yeah, I paid $20 more, but it saves me time and effort in not having to mess around with returns and then trying to source another one (which would cost me just as much anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    As expected, and precisely why I personally didn't bother with Myer. Yeah, I paid $20 more, but it saves me time and effort in not having to mess around with returns and then trying to source another one (which would cost me just as much anyway).
    I just found that the TLTC had some listed as in stock so bought from there (No idea why it didn't show up when I searched before)-everyone else I looked was already sold out, hence why I jumped on Myer.
    I tried

Bought the figure to cheer me up during lockdown...

The Earthrise Prime figure is nice and I like the simple transformation. I don't really like the blue tint on the chest windows though (would have preferred a darker shade). There's also no reason to have grey plastic on the back and insides of his legs.

The trailer is very ordinary and cheap looking. Some added paint here and there could make it ok though...

I just found that the TLTC had some listed as in stock so bought from there (No idea why it didn't show up when I searched before)-everyone else I looked was already sold out, hence why I jumped on Myer.
    I tried
    TLTC? Gee, I hope you get your order! I have heard that this toy is slated to be released in Wave 2, so ultimately if people miss it in Wave 1 just wait for the next wave of toys to hit. I think the Wave 2 Leader assortment will be Optimus Prime and Doubledealer.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    TLTC? Gee, I hope you get your order! I have heard that this toy is slated to be released in Wave 2, so ultimately if people miss it in Wave 1 just wait for the next wave of toys to hit. I think the Wave 2 Leader assortment will be Optimus Prime and Doubledealer.
    I know, but it was listed in stock, and shipped the day after I bought it.
    Haven't used them for a loonggggg time but the reports of them being okay with in stock items seem to be true.

A re-release/repack seems like a good idea!
    Last edited by Dimi194; 16th April 2020 at 01:25 PM.

Don't worry Dimi194, trust the feedback thread rather than feedback from someone who hasn't used that company in a while and likes to bad mouth them any chance he gets.