View Poll Results: Earthrise Optimus Prime - worth buying?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 53.33%
  • Only of (cheap or something else)

5 33.33%
  • No

1 6.67%
  • Not even interested

1 6.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - Earthrise Leader Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I'd gladly pay more for one with paint apps, more still for roller. Grr!
    I'd be willing to bet that Roller is either going to get his own weaponiser figure or he'll be an accessory included with another WFC Prime.

As for the figure itself, this is pretty much the CHUG Prime I've wanted since 2006. I'm aware of the setbacks mentioned above but I'm still looking forward to getting it.

Thoughts based on Kyle's piccies:
    • Cab robot looks great. I'm so glad that they went with the blue hands. I wish that they'd kept the yellow eyes though.

• Not convinced that this is worth the Leader Class price point. The Cab Robot looks great for a Voyager, so that justifies $50 of the RRP... but I don't think that that trailer is worth fifty bucks. There's nothing inherently wrong with it, per se -- the grey tower looks bland (it was blue on the prototype/promo images), but I don't see $50 worth of value in that trailer. I know that the Siege Leaders did the same thing by giving us basically Voyager size figures with bonus accessories that pushed it up to Leader Class price point, but as I said 13 months ago...
      Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
      basically a Voyager sized toy that comes with its own 1st Party add-on kit. Objectively speaking it's not really worth full Leader RRP but definitely worth it if you can get it at below RRP (say for about $70~80 or less)
      ...and Earthrise Optimus Prime strikes me as being along the same lines; might be decent for around an Ultra price point ($70) but don't really see it being really worth full quid

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Not convinced that this is worth the Leader Class price point. The Cab Robot looks great for a Voyager, so that justifies $50 of the RRP... but I don't think that that trailer is worth fifty bucks. There's nothing inherently wrong with it, per se -- the grey tower looks bland (it was blue on the prototype/promo images), but I don't see $50 worth of value in that trailer. I know that the Siege Leaders did the same thing by giving us basically Voyager size figures with bonus accessories that pushed it up to Leader Class price point, but as I said 13 months ago...

...and Earthrise Optimus Prime strikes me as being along the same lines; might be decent for around an Ultra price point ($70) but don't really see it being really worth full quid[/list]
    I agree Gok, definitely not worth full leader RRP, but I will say it is worth closer to that RRP than the likes of Shockwave or Astrotrain, since we at least expect a Prime to come with a trailer anyway. I've preordered him at around $80 plus post, and I'm happy with that.

Awesome review. Love the comparison shots!

Just got him today and I'm disappointed with the trailer. The battle station robot repair thing should have been blue but is all hasbro grey . The prime himself is nice but I feel he's not value for money even at a $90 price point...but seeing as he's flying for the shelves, do what u think is right .

Also got starscream and feel he's more value for money.
    Last edited by yoshi594; 15th March 2020 at 07:14 PM.