View Poll Results: Earthrise Optimus Prime - worth buying?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 56.00%
  • Only of (cheap or something else)

9 36.00%
  • No

1 4.00%
  • Not even interested

1 4.00%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Earthrise Leader Optimus Prime

I painted the eyes on my ER OP yellow. It was a real pain in the backside. Even using the thinnest brush that my local hobby store had, I really struggled to paint those suckers. It was ultimately easier just to smear yellow over and around the eyes and then paint over the edges with blue paint. I ended up repainting the nose blue, which also adds to the G1 toy accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellico View Post
    Something that hasn't shown up in many reviews is that the turret base can be detached, then put back in reverse, then deployed outside the folded up trailer like the original. If some one could put up photos...
    Done! And good suggestion, I totally didn't think of that before now.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The splotchy eyes in the middle pic reminds me of a certain red-eyed fellow. You tidied it up well in the end though, good job.

So I guess I should weigh in here now that I have mine finally.
    I am absolutely loving this guy in hand! The transformation of the cab is intuitive, yet not too simple and offers a couple of new things. The cab overall is exactly what I want out of a CHUG Prime in terms of design, articulation, etc and I quite like the blue eyes in person more than I thought I would. I will admit the trailer is smaller than it should be and the turret section would benefit from being blue plastic, but it still does the job.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Got mine today, the conversion between robot and truck mode is nice and streamlined but he feels so vanilla.

Might need to see what some paint might do.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I painted the eyes on my ER OP yellow. It was a real pain in the backside. Even using the thinnest brush that my local hobby store had, I really struggled to paint those suckers. It was ultimately easier just to smear yellow over and around the eyes and then paint over the edges with blue paint. I ended up repainting the nose blue, which also adds to the G1 toy accuracy.

I normally use a toothpick to paint details like eyes, you get a bit more control.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Got mine today, the conversion between robot and truck mode is nice and streamlined but he feels so vanilla.

Might need to see what some paint might do.
    The toy hax set has a bunch of great stickers. Especially for the trailer.
    http://toyhax.com/for-earth-rise/292...mus&results=68

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

They should break that set up. 90% of the robot stickers are a waste of time.

I'm glad I got this toy in the Big W sale but also glad I only paid voyager price for what is essentially a voyager class toy with a box. It's a REALLY GOOD voyager class toy but it's still smol.

I just realised that ER Optimus is virtually identical in size to PotP Nemesis Prime, especially the trailers. Weird part is that I never thought the PotP one looked too small.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    I just realised that ER Optimus is virtually identical in size to PotP Nemesis Prime, especially the trailers. Weird part is that I never thought the PotP one looked too small.
    Don't own ER Prime so can't really compare but I imagine the weight of Nemesis Prime's trailer makes it feel larger than it is compared to ER Prime's trailer which is pretty empty.

Picked up Kingdome Prime today and they seem o be the same toy, so here we go. I stated before I wasn't interested, but after seeing hpw good Inferno was, I thought he needed a leader buddy.

Optimus is great, I love it. The legs are too long and dont do anything despite having a hinge inside them, but I assume thats a leftover from Siege. They should've kept the wheel cover for this guy I think. Robot mode is great and loooks cool, is fun to play with and intuitive and clever to Transform.
    Top class robot.

The trailer sucks big time though. I really dislike it. It doesn't quite clip together well. Looks too small and the ramp has all this greebles sculpted on so it doesn't work as a ramp andyou also have to crack open the container to drop the ramp too. Who approved That?
    The gun doesn't integrate all that well either. It either sticks out a bunch (inside) or conflicts with something somewhere (underneath). Considering how the trailer is just a box, its embarrassing. Also, terrible colour too.
    Lower than bottom class trailer.