BLUE STREAK
Series - Legacy
Sub-line - Buzzworthy Bumblebee
Size/class - Deluxe
New/remould/redeco - Repaint of Earthrise Smokescreen with Earthrise Bluestreak's head
Wave - 1
Released here - ??? 2022
Approximate Retail Price - $37
Approximate Size - 13cm
Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-mode - Sports car
Main Features/Gimmicks - weapons can combine
Main Colours - blue, silver, white
Main Accessories - x1 rifle, x2 shoulder cannons

NOTE: This toy is a retool/repaint of ER Bluestreak and Smokescreen. Refer to the review threads for those toys for comments on the original moulds. This thread will focus on differences made.

Vehicle Mode

Robot Mode

THOUGHTS

An awesome CHUG version of the blue Diaclone version of Bluestreak; the toy that appeared in official photography (and box art) but was never actually released as a Transformer. Having Smokescreen's alt mode and Bluestreak's head doesn't bother me in the slightest; if anything, I like how it distinguishes this toy from ER Bluestreak and Smokescreen.

By no means a dealbreaker, but I would have preferred for this toy to have yellow eyes and a silver rifle. I suspect that the white rifle is because it's gang moulded on the same sprue as the launchers, thighs, hands etc. - that's fine. But yellow eyes would have been nicer. The blue eyes blend in with the blue helmet a bit too much for my liking, but the main reason is because the original version of this Diaclone toy had yellow eyes. Given that Bluestreak never appeared in the G1 cartoon with these colours, I see no reason to give it blue eyes. Having said that, TakaraTOMY did the same thing with MP Blue Streak, so arguably Hasbro are being consistent, and technically it does mean that the Transformer has blue eyes (and only the Diaclone has yellow eyes). Would have also preferred blue hands as it's more source-accurate, but again, most likely because of gang-moulding. I would have also preferred for this toy to be named Blue (space) Streak rather than Silverstreak. I know why they called it something other than "Bluestreak" since the silver/black version was called Bluestreak; I get the reference. But it's weird having a blue toy called Silverstreak. Or better yet, just make this a whole new character; similar to how the red version of Tracks (who was just Tracks in G1) has since become Road Rage etc. But none of these are really flaws or anything, just my personal preference.

Objectively speaking this is a very well done redeco and there's nothing that I can really fault it on. Highly recommended.