Thread: Options for buying SS Devastator?

Default Options for buying SS Devastator?

Call me crazy, but I have a sudden urge to buy Studio Series Devastator. Given that some of the figures are a couple of years old at this point what is my best option to get all the components other than ebay or crossing my fingers for a box set?

The oldest was Scrapmetal and he came out around mid last year. Most of the other released Constructicons are shelfwarming at stores around me, particularly Hightower. Mixmaster and Scavenger (or is it Demolisher?) haven’t been release here that I recall but are available online. You haven’t really missed the boat yet. I don’t think there will be a box set as the RRP would be much higher than a Titan Class figure.

I'd Amazon it

Have you seen the prices on Amazon for the older characters? I'm not paying $75 for a Deluxe if I do this.

Scrapmetal, Hightower and Long Haul can be got on Amazon.com.au for $115 total

They are charging $60 for Rampage but there's plenty of them for $50 at Toymate stores

Ah Ok. I was looking at Amazon US as I've given up on Amazon AU since they rarely list CHUG characters anymore.

And no Toymate up this end of the country, but I'd probably go with the yellow redeco anyway just for screen accuracy.

If they don't do a boxset, I would hope that they re-release the first few.

Try HLJ and other Japanese sites, as they re-released the first two (Scrapmetal and Rampage) at the end of last year, and Longhaul is still on Amazon... leaving the last four, that haven't been released here yet (at least, not at proper retail), which means Amazon could be the best option for the last four as well.

Someone on one of the American fansites a few weeks ago claimed that a Hasbro rep or store listing said that there was a Boxset coming. I was told from Hasbro Australia that there wasn't one on the horizon, but that was about 5-6 months ago when Longhaul was just being released, so if it is coming, it wasn't on the schedule back then.
    I want to try to ask again, but I've now bought duplicates of the first four (based on that info last year), so it won't matter to me, but it might help others still on the fence.
    (and I'll recommend Hasbro America re-releases the first couple later, before Overload is out at the end of this year)

This got me thinking if Hasbro will be producing the same amount of figures for each character. For Example, if I buy a Hightower tomorrow for the fun of it, will one person end up having a Devastator with a missing arm?

As other members mentioned above, you haven't missed the boat really, should be easy enough between retail and online to get what you need. Do you know if you want Rampage (red leg) or Skipjack (yellow leg), or not care much either way?

Edit: Never mind. I should have read the replies properly instead of posting in a half awake state.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I'd probably go with the yellow redeco anyway just for screen accuracy.
    Last edited by Tha_Phantom; 27th February 2020 at 11:15 AM.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.