Page 43 of 211 FirstFirst ... 233338394041424344454647485363 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-toy Acquisitions

I cannot wait to pick that up, Piratescratch. Mine's in my bag which I'll probably pick up tmrw. I love the little strips, some good ol' genuinely fun stuff.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    Although I prefer the instructions of the latest kits where they tell you what parts you need in a step rather than you looking at the pic and perhaps overlooking a part.
    I actually like that. My sister prefers knowing what parts she needs though but I like that little bit of the unknown where u leave it up to ur mental faculties to process just what is needed.

(and then of course groan when u realise u stuffed up 3 steps back)
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs

I get lots of other acquisitions but none usually jump in here but these Exo-Force lego immediately do.

$11 each from Toy Kingdom! Absolutely love the packaging despite the waste of space (tho it's not too bad in these boxes as some of the City/Creator ones my little sister n I have done)

Oh, and these Lego are for me exclusively. Main reason I got back into Lego is b/c of my sister but I reckon these mechs are a great branch off and open up a world of possibilities to have my different interests intersect. I built Iron Condor last night and the articulation is astounding for Lego. On top of that the nice colours and "texture" of the piece wins me over.

I'm looking to get more but probably only cheap. I have another cool one but it's not upstairs yet so pics won't be till later.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    Arrived this morning:

I'm finding the vintage space stuff much more playable and more fun to construct compared to the later stuff. Although I prefer the instructions of the latest kits where they tell you what parts you need in a step rather than you looking at the pic and perhaps overlooking a part.
    Awesome again Fungal. That M-tron car is the largest in that theme isn't it?

Personally I like the challenge of the older instructions. I know missing a part can be frustrating and time consuming if you have to go back many steps to redo but that's part of the challenge. I really think they make it too easy now.

Yup, its the largest in the theme alright. I'm surprised they didn't make a base for the M-trons. Every other theme had a base of some sort - even Space Police got one which was not released in Euro/Australian markets. I'm currently collecting everything space from Blacktron I to Exploriens so expect to see lots of purchases from these themes.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Well with all Fungal's fantastic Lego acquisitions lately I just had to get me some. Couldn't decide on what theme so I got a bit from each.
    Either the Hoth sets have been re-released or they found a box out the back somewhere but the last time these guys came out I made a small profit by buying them on special at $80 and then getting prices like $130-$150 for them.
    You can call it scalping. I don't. I started them at 99cents and the market paid what the market wanted. It's not a veil to hide behind. Just fact.
    Got the Castle set for some custom stuff after seeing that cool Inn scene that Jd posted.
    Also for those that have an ML interest, first wave of new ML Hulk series is out in Oz (5 of 8 with 3 to follow soon) with build-a-figure being Fin Fang Foom. (should have really been in Iron Man series)
    Some more Spartan warriors from Halo3 and probably the greatest Ford ever built albeit in 1:32 scale. You know the one I mean....
    Last edited by TheDirtyDigger; 26th July 2008 at 04:53 PM.

How much are the ML Hulk figures going for, Digger?
    I'm interested in getting Wendigo and Grey Hulk.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

$24.95.

Grey Hulk isn't released yet though. On the back of the cards it shows three figs (Absorbing Man, Grey Hulk and Doc Samson) blacked out and 'coming in fall' so I'm assuming it will be more than a month till we see them.

Okay I wasn't too happy I couldn't bring anything home that night after putting the Wii on layby - Target Sale. (Ima spoilt I know!) Having thought about getting a PSP for some time (after playing the Nintendo DS for a year or so and being bored of the cutie games), I finally succumbed to temptation yesterday afternoon:

Special Addition God of War PSP + Game: $299 from JB Hifi, additional Untold Legends Game from EB Games. Already broke so had to use the credit card. *runs and hides in the naughty corner. And later was pretty pissed as well( I didn't know earlier) cause I also had to spend money buying a Sony memory stick.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Sony Bravia LCD 101cm TV with free PS3.

I actually have to mail away my receipt to receive my PS3 but I'm still counting it.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503