Page 124 of 211 FirstFirst ... 104114119120121122123124125126127128129134144 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2103

Thread: Non-toy Acquisitions

Picked my my copy of The Marvel Art of Marko Djurdjevic yesterday.

Love the art he does for the covers so I definitely needed to get myself this art book.

I highly recommend this for fans of his work or just fans good art and Marvel.

Now bring on a Chris Bachalo art book!

Quote Originally Posted by piratescratch View Post
    Picked my my copy of The Marvel Art of Marko Djurdjevic yesterday.

Love the art he does for the covers so I definitely needed to get myself this art book.

I highly recommend this for fans of his work or just fans good art and Marvel.

That looks bloody amazing. I saw this and thought about picking it up? Any chance of a few more pics to help me seal the deal? I'm usually against these but some of those pages look great. I'm just a bit worried about too much text I guess.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    That looks bloody amazing. I saw this and thought about picking it up? Any chance of a few more pics to help me seal the deal? I'm usually against these but some of those pages look great. I'm just a bit worried about too much text I guess.

Well the layout of the art book goes like this:

The Covers
    The cover art is separated into chapters based on what Marvel titles they are from. Each chapter begins with a double page, on the right is a full page print whilst on the left page has thumbnails of the covers which will be covered. See the Thor snaps I took in my initial post for an example.

As you can see from the layout of the covers in a few of my snaps, they will generally have a paragraph of text from Marko on the cover which gives you a bit of insight on what he was thinking, where he's trying to portray, etc. and a rough early sketch design.

The covers make up the good majority of the art book.

Character Concepts
    A pages few sketches, designs and what not. Fairly general stuff. Sample picture I've included is his Star-Lord page because I know you're a fan of the space titles.

And the book finally closes with a few interviews.

You shouldn't be worried about too much text. The art is definitely the focus of the art book. As mentioned there's a few interviews at the end and small paragraphs of text on each page to accompany the art but I quite like that. It's nice to get some more insight on the creative process.

Sounds like my kind of art book. Will definitely be getting this now. Thanks heaps for the pics. Definitely sealed the deal and I'm glad you remembered my current cosmic fixation.

How much did u pay? Just so I can get an idea.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Sounds like my kind of art book. Will definitely be getting this now. Thanks heaps for the pics. Definitely sealed the deal and I'm glad you remembered my current cosmic fixation.

How much did u pay? Just so I can get an idea.
    The RRP according to the back of the dust jacket is $49.99USD. I got mine for $60AUD at Classic Comics, no copies left sorry. I know Minotaur have one or two more copies left at I think about $65AUD. Didn't check Comics R Us, so not sure if they have any copies.

Of course you can get it online. I just checked Amazon then and they have it for $31.49USD, haven't factored in the shipping price though.

[QUOTE=Dylbot: is that a Schnauzer?[/QUOTE]

Nah, he's a Australian Silky Terrier
    "Ding-a-ling, come out and get yo ice cream. Any bad robot out there better get ready for an ass-whoopin" - Skids and Mudflap

Apparently I won a Madman newsletter prize for this month, some anime series collection - what on earth is Samauri Deeper Kyo?

Got power rangers red ranger of the mystic force for $10 at Toyworld. Do they still stock new power ranger stuff in Australia? Can't find RPM any where!

Quote Originally Posted by piratescratch View Post
    I love Bachalo too, although the quality of his work dipped steeply just after Mark Buckingham stopped inking him - he started drawing people with unproportionally large heads and seemed to lose some of his visual storytelling skills. He's great again now though: are you reading Sinister Spider-Man? It's my favourite current Marvel comic for both the Bachalo art and the twisted storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I love Bachalo too, although the quality of his work dipped steeply just after Mark Buckingham stopped inking him - he started drawing people with unproportionally large heads and seemed to lose some of his visual storytelling skills. He's great again now though: are you reading Sinister Spider-Man? It's my favourite current Marvel comic for both the Bachalo art and the twisted storyline.
    Yep I'm pretty much only following the Dark Reign: Sinister Spider-Man title because Bachalo is doing the art.