View Poll Results: Earthrise Starscream - worth buying?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

2 40.00%
  • only if...

0 0%
  • no

0 0%
  • not interested in it

3 60.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Earthrise Voyager Starscream

Bought the figure but could not stand the plastic blocking almost half of his chest cockpit...so I cut it out and I think it looks loads better.

Having seen Starscream in person now... I'm sticking with my initial assessment from pics; it's an improvement on Siege Screamer... but I prefer the Classics mould. That awkward gap above the chest vents just doesn't work for me.

Glad everyone else is enjoying him, though (:

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Having seen Starscream in person now... I'm sticking with my initial assessment from pics; it's an improvement on Siege Screamer... but I prefer the Classics mould. That awkward gap above the chest vents just doesn't work for me.

Glad everyone else is enjoying him, though (:
    Yeah, personally I love the new Screamer, but I can understand people not wanting to be bothered. Because now problem I'll have is having to track down 5 more versions of the same toy, and you can bet at least 2 of them will be hard to get hold of. As it was, 2 of my original CHUG seekers were high-end KO's.

Just picked this guy up from a local Big W and in my personal opinion this is the best G1 Starscream toy made, I rate it better than MP11. Robot and Jet mode look awesome. I really hope they release a Thundercracker and Skywarp in this mould
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bemblebuu View Post

Bought the figure but could not stand the plastic blocking almost half of his chest cockpit...so I cut it out and I think it looks loads better.
    That looks exquisite!, does taking that section out result in any negatives in respect of stability and transformation? (I.e is the chest prone to pop out?, etc)
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    I rate it better than MP11.
    Heh, that's not hard. None of the MP Seekers have ever been great toys. More like poseable and transformable display items.

Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    That looks exquisite!, does taking that section out result in any negatives in respect of stability and transformation? (I.e is the chest prone to pop out?, etc)
    I'd say it has very little impact on the stability of the figure and actually gives it a little bit of flexibility in the transformation process, as removing that bit makes it less rigid. I did have to add some red paint to cover the 'scars' though.

I love this Starscream probably my favourite ever. It is everything the fans wanted; I can't wait to get mine. Hope they release the other seekers too, and to the world because seems the American's get all the fun and for us here we have to starve ourselves for Skywarps.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Approximate Size - Who owns rulers anymore?
    I own rulers and measuring tape. I have a small pocket sized 5x5cm 2m long measuring tape that I keep in my drawer - only cost me a few bucks, ditto rulers.
    Anyway, if you have another means of measuring stuff then by all means go ahead (even if it's just visual estimation), but I think sharing the size of the toy would be useful. I literally just clicked back on this thread to look for this toy's measurement and was surprised to not find it. (ditto on the ER Hoist review thread) Hopefully rulers and measuring tapes are still more abundant than dunny rolls atm.

Or heck, even if you take photos next to other Voyagers, then we can use those toys as a reference and estimate the size off those. Or just spend $2 on a ruler.

Quote Originally Posted by Bemblebuu View Post
    I'd say it has very little impact on the stability of the figure and actually gives it a little bit of flexibility in the transformation process, as removing that bit makes it less rigid. I did have to add some red paint to cover the 'scars' though.
    Cool I might pick up another one and perform the surgery