View Poll Results: Earthrise Starscream - worth buying?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

2 40.00%
  • only if...

0 0%
  • no

0 0%
  • not interested in it

3 60.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Toy Review - Earthrise Voyager Starscream

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I own rulers and measuring tape. I have a small pocket sized 5x5cm 2m long measuring tape that I keep in my drawer - only cost me a few bucks, ditto rulers.
    Anyway, if you have another means of measuring stuff then by all means go ahead (even if it's just visual estimation), but I think sharing the size of the toy would be useful. I literally just clicked back on this thread to look for this toy's measurement and was surprised to not find it. (ditto on the ER Hoist review thread) Hopefully rulers and measuring tapes are still more abundant than dunny rolls atm.

Or heck, even if you take photos next to other Voyagers, then we can use those toys as a reference and estimate the size off those. Or just spend $2 on a ruler.
    From floor to highest point in robot mode is approx 17cm
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    From floor to highest point in robot mode is approx 17cm
    Domo arigato, Meister Robotto!

picked one up on a bit of a whim and kind of feel him to be a bit underwhelming. I don't think it's a terrible toy, I just don't think it's all that fantastic either. More in depth thoughts here:
    https://tetstoys.blogspot.com/2020/0...oxing-and.html
    But really to summarise, I don't feel it is that big of a jump from the old Classics figure.

Also like Dirge said, the shoulder gap irritates me no end.

Heh, that's not hard. None of the MP Seekers have ever been great toys. More like poseable and transformable display items.
    MPs are made for display that's why they're aimed at the teen to adult markets. They're too expensive and detailed to be given the rough and tumble of regular toys.

On another note, I hope ER Dirge goes ahead and isn't just rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    MPs are made for display that's why they're aimed at the teen to adult markets. They're too expensive and detailed to be given the rough and tumble of regular toys.
    Replied here.

Saw some pictures of Skywarp and Thundercracker. Skywarp is missing his purple nose cone which has rather put me off wanting Skywarp. He just looks too plain without it (pun intended).

Now I am in two minds as to whether I should keep Starscream or not. I do like the jet mode, but is it enough to make me keep the whole toy?

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Saw some pictures of Skywarp and Thundercracker. Skywarp is missing his purple nose cone which has rather put me off wanting Skywarp. He just looks too plain without it (pun intended).
    Have to ask what your preferred view of Skywarp is based on... The original toy had a black nosecone, and most versions of him have black nosecone.... and the cartoon was black as well....

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Have to ask what your preferred view of Skywarp is based on... The original toy had a black nosecone, and most versions of him have black nosecone.... and the cartoon was black as well....
    Veyr good question, whch made me need to research on my S/Warps.

As it turns out, my impressions of Skywarp come from his Robotmasters toy and the henkei henkei version. RM has a purple nose cone and henkei henkei has a nice Decepticon insignia on the nose cone. I guess my grumpy old man brain made the insignia on the nosecone as a purple nose cone.

With this information in hand, I could assume that if I put an insignia on his nosecone, that would suffice nicely. Which maybe I will. Starscream is also missing an insignia on his nosecone, which would also help him out as well. Hrmm, food for thought.
    Thanks Krayt!
    Do I have any spare Insignias floating around my house, that is the next question!

Replied here.
    I'm referring to rough and tumble kids such as preschoolers, preps and that psycho kid from Toy Story who breaks toys to create those freaky Frankenstein toys.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    I'm referring to rough and tumble kids such as preschoolers, preps and that psycho kid from Toy Story who breaks toys to create those freaky Frankenstein toys.
    Ah right. Well ER Starscream is for Ages 8+. Rescue Bots caters for preschoolers.