Thread: Official images and info for Earthrise DLX Sunstreaker & Trailbreaker

Default Official images and info for Earthrise DLX Sunstreaker & Trailbreaker

Hasbro America sent us official images and information for Earthrise Deluxe Sunstreaker and Trailbreaker, so that we would be able to have a world first reveal in conjunction with the annual Australian Toy & Hobby Fair in Melbourne this weekend.
    Unfortunately, the images were revealed yesterday by Previews World in America, so for those few who haven't seen them yet, here they are again.

Transformers Toys Generations War for Cybertron: Earthrise Deluxe WFC-E36 Sunstreaker Action Figure - Kids Ages 8 and Up, 5.5-inch
    DISCOVER EARTHRISE: The siege is over, but the War for Cybertron has just begun. The Autobots and Decepticons have left Cybertron, but their battle rages on as they speed through space in pursuit of the Allspark
    BUILD THE BATTLEFIELD BEYOND: This ecosystem of collectible figures allows fans to build out epic space battle scenes, featuring figures that can convert into Modular Battle Station modes and connect together to expand the battlefield (each sold separately, subject to availability)
    G1 EARTH MODES AND WEAPONS: Sunstreaker toy converts into classic G1 sportscar mode in 15 steps and comes with a blaster accessory.
    EXCITING REVEAL: Every pack includes a piece of the Transformers Universe map and a red decoder to unlock the map's hidden paths! Collect other Earthrise figures to piece together the full map! (Each sold separately. Subject to availability)
    Build the Battlefield Beyond -- The siege is over, but the War for Cybertron has just begun. The Autobots and Decepticons have left Cybertron, but their battle rages on as they speed through space in pursuit of the Allspark. Now, fighters must instantly adapt to battle anywhere in the cosmos. With the advanced A.I.R. (Adaptable Interconnection Retrofitter) Locks system, fighters don’t head to the battlefield -- they become it. Bots capable of converting to Modular Battle Stations can A.I.R.-Lock together in custom configurations to fit the needs of battle.
    Earthrise collectible figures allow fans to build out epic space battle scenes, featuring figures that can convert into Modular Battle Station modes and connect together to expand the battlefield (each sold separately, subject to availability).
    The skilled Autobot warrior, Sunstreaker, converts to classic sportscar mode in 15 steps. Includes a blaster accessory.
    Transformers and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro.
    Includes: figure, accessory, and instructions.
    Ages 8 and up
    Warning: Choking Hazard - Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.
    © 2020 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.

Transformers Toys Generations War for Cybertron: Earthrise Deluxe WFC-E34 Trailbreaker Action Figure - Kids Ages 8 and Up, 5.5-inch
    DISCOVER EARTHRISE: The siege is over, but the War for Cybertron has just begun. The Autobots and Decepticons have left Cybertron, but their battle rages on as they speed through space in pursuit of the Allspark
    BUILD THE BATTLEFIELD BEYOND: This ecosystem of collectible figures allows fans to build out epic space battle scenes, featuring figures that can convert into Modular Battle Station modes and connect together to expand the battlefield (each sold separately, subject to availability)
    G1 EARTH MODES AND WEAPONS: Trailbreaker toy converts into classic G1 camper truck mode in 18 steps and comes with a blaster accessory.
    EXCITING REVEAL: Every pack includes a piece of the Transformers Universe map and a red decoder to unlock the map's hidden paths! Collect other Earthrise figures to piece together the full map! (Each sold separately. Subject to availability)
    Build the Battlefield Beyond -- The siege is over, but the War for Cybertron has just begun. The Autobots and Decepticons have left Cybertron, but their battle rages on as they speed through space in pursuit of the Allspark. Now, fighters must instantly adapt to battle anywhere in the cosmos. With the advanced A.I.R. (Adaptable Interconnection Retrofitter) Locks system, fighters don’t head to the battlefield -- they become it. Bots capable of converting to Modular Battle Stations can A.I.R.-Lock together in custom configurations to fit the needs of battle.
    Earthrise collectible figures allow fans to build out epic space battle scenes, featuring figures that can convert into Modular Battle Station modes and connect together to expand the battlefield (each sold separately, subject to availability).
    The good-humored Autobot defensive strategist, Trailbreaker, converts to classic camper truck mode in 18 steps. Includes a blaster accessory.
    Transformers and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro.
    Includes: figure, accessory, and instructions.
    Ages 8 and up
    Warning: Choking Hazard - Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.
    © 2020 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.

Last edited by griffin; 1st March 2020 at 11:40 AM.

Sunstreakee looks gorgeous (as he'd probably say so himself), and it's my first time seeing it. I really like the vehicle mode, as well. His weapon makes sense in vehicle mode, but less so for the robot (I'd have preferred a rifle, but I'm sure I can steal one off another bot). Definite buy for me and I hope he's in the next wave of deluxes (rather than being the end of the year)
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Unfortunately, the images were revealed yesterday by Previews World in America, so for those few who haven't seen them yet, here they are again.
    Didn't Ozformers get jumped last time as well? Bummer.

But they do look nice, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Sunstreakee looks gorgeous (as he'd probably say so himself), and it's my first time seeing it. I really like the vehicle mode, as well. His weapon makes sense in vehicle mode, but less so for the robot (I'd have preferred a rifle, but I'm sure I can steal one off another bot). Definite buy for me and I hope he's in the next wave of deluxes (rather than being the end of the year)
    Third wave after Arcee, Allicon, Smokesceen & Airwave.
    But they're up for Preorder at the likes of BBTS, OMP etc, so tracking one down won't be an issue

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Didn't Ozformers get jumped last time as well? Bummer.

But they do look nice, that's for sure.
    Yes, two years ago when we were to reveal Outback, Hasbro America released the official images about 4 hours earlier because someone had trouble working out the timezone differences.

We didn't have much luck this year - the physical samples weren't ready in time, so it was just going to be world first release of the images and product info... only to end up being beaten to it. (which wouldn't have been too big a deal if we had the physical samples, as that's what fans would have been more interested in looking at)
    Last edited by griffin; 25th June 2020 at 07:43 AM.

I got a Wheeljack last night, and figured there were some similarities between him and Sunstreaker.

It’s a similar case to TR Hardhead and Blurr, which had a couple of shared pieces and a lot of similar engineering, but were substantially different overall.

From what I can see, the legs and the chest transform similarly, but the legs are are turned 180 degrees with the top of the feet duplicating the bonnet. Arms are reversed, such that shoulders form sides and arms form the rear as opposed to Wheeljack whose arms form the side and shoulders form the rear.

Very clever engineering work!

TakaraTomy have released official toy images for Sunstreaker, as they have announced its release details in Japan (December for 2800yen).

It is interesting to see that two of the official toy images are posed exactly like the official CG images in the first post... which is clever, and proves that the toy can do what the computers said they can.

I really don't like the way the toy has a couple of glossy panels, and mostly matte plastic panels. It doesn't look good in both modes, so it wasn't done just to benefit one mode.

I also think the legs look bad, as it looks like he's wearing over-sized ugg-boots.