View Poll Results: Earthrise Grapple - worth buying?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

0 0%
  • only if...

0 0%
  • no

0 0%
  • not interested in it

1 100.00%

Thread: Toy Review - Earthrise Voyager Grapple

Default Toy Review - Earthrise Voyager Grapple

Earthrise Grapple
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Earthrise
    Size/class - Voyager
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 1
    Released here - FEB 2020
    Approximate Retail Price - AU $50
    Approximate Size - 15cm?
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Crane
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Crane
    Main Colours - Various oranges, and black.
    Main Accessories - gun, crane claw, nozzle?

Thought I'd quickly make this point known seeing as people will be receiving it shortly. It's been reported elsewhere that the peg that connects the crane to the base of the foot when transformed to crane is pretty tight and will often break off when removing it. I spent a while trying to be gentle with it and then snap. As other have suggested online a quick sanding of the peg and or widening of the hole should solve it though. Pity I didn't read other reviews beforehand.

Otherwise I think this is a pretty great figure, and I'll add to this later.

I like him a lot. My first Grapple I think.

I think it's a relatively simple toy, with some clever features to it like the crane and feet transformation.

The paint on the head sculpt came out pretty bland, but is overall a decent rendition of the classic Grapple.

I had no intention to buy this figure at all, mainly because it didn't seem to offer anything fresh design wise, and its similarity to MP Grapple which I already own. Then I bought Hoist and loved him, so I went back and got Grapple. He's actually better I thought and I like him quite a bit.

Aside from the proportions which are necessitated by 'bot mode, the crane mode doesn't look much different to the G1 Grapple.

The scale is off in alt mode with Hoist. Obviously 'bot mode scale was prioritized.

The crane arm is soft ratcheted which is quite nice. I wish they could've worked in a 5mm port into the claw as well to offer more display option, but it's a pretty cool accessory as is.

The transformation is almost identical to the 30 odd year old G1 toy. Hoist followed the G1 transformation too, but at least added enough fresh element to it. Grapple really feels kind of.. uninspiring.

Right off the bat in 'bot mode. The comparison with the MP mold is where Earthrise Grapple is at for me. Instead of the toon accurate chubby look, this Grapple has much more heroic proportions.

Poseability is kind of sub-par for a WfC Voyager. The head is limited to swivel only and there's no wrist swivel (transformation is no excuse, cause Siege Starscream has it). The saving grace here is that the foot transformation joint can kinda double as a broken front to back ankle joint.

I can see the 5mm port at the end of his forearm offers great potential for awesome accessory customization.

The Autobot engineering trio looking good here.

Verdict: if you can get Grapple cheap, he's be a great little pick up. I wouldn't pay full retail though..

Green Erector repraint on way? Tehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Green Erector repraint on way? Tehehe
    Wouldn't that be Hauler? Given that Siege/Earthrise has Micromasters, I would expect an Earthrise Erector to be a Micromaster, or even a Deluxe figure that's the whole cab and trailer combined into a single robot (somewhat similar to how ER Ironworks is the base as the robot). Still not impressed that Siege Barricade wasn't based off the G1 Micromaster. :/

I got Grapple over the weekend and my first impression was a little underwhelming. There are no real surprises in the transformation. Like most Infernos/Grapples you can see pretty clearly how they transform and this is not much different. Plus, he's not much bigger to, say, Hoist. In my view Cliffjumper is good value for money but this one is a little more questionable. I think I've just been so impressed with how fun the Earthrise figures are that I've got so far, and this one was just okay.

Then I remembered I picked up this one on sale for $39 and paid $35 for Hoist. So there's no buyer's remorse on my side.

Comparison photo requests (please):
    * With G1 Grapple
    * With Grappel (or United Grapple)
    * With MP Grapple

Thank you.