Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Marcho Madness

After cancelling my whole Earthrise order with Mighty Ape because they couldn’t supply me with Starscream, I managed to find one at Toyworld along with the 2 Battle Masters.

Apeface from Popculcha arrived yesterday.

Went shopping at Myer today, because I had poor impulse control even before we were all doomed (but hey, if toys become the new currency of the post-plague wasteland, I'm sorted):

I did briefly consider getting a second Cliffjumper to repaint as Bumper, but I decided to leave that to chance - if/when these folks show up at the local Target, then I'll grab one.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Kitty Fantastico View Post
    Went shopping at Myer today, because I had poor impulse control even before we were all doomed (but hey, if toys become the new currency of the post-plague wasteland, I'm sorted):

I did briefly consider getting a second Cliffjumper to repaint as Bumper, but I decided to leave that to chance - if/when these folks show up at the local Target, then I'll grab one.
    Especially if those toys of the wasteland have a Mad Max look (e.g. the Beast Hunters series).

Earthrise Grapple, Cliffjumper, Hoist from Kmart and the Micromasters from Myer. Just need Wheeljack, then I’m done.

Today I got Studio Series Mixmaster from Big W.

Got Botbot called King Cheats.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasaraki View Post
    Got Voyager Hoist and Scout Cliffjumper from K-Mart today... although they were both mistakenly packaged as Deluxe. Trust Hasbro to do that.

Hoist is therefore a bargain, but you’d feel ripped off if you only got the Scout sized Cliffy for $29. Getting both evens it out somewhat:
    Both are Deluxes. Remember that these are really price points rather than size classes. That's why we've had toys like:
    * Mega Class BM Megatron who is the size of a Deluxe priced as a Mega
    * Voyager Class Animated Lugnut who is the size of a Deluxe but priced as a Voyager
    * Deluxe Class Animated Lockdown who is the size of a Voyager but priced as a Deluxe
    ...et cetera, et cetera, et cetera

And size-wise Cliffjumper is larger than a Scout (although yes, shorter than a Deluxe). See comparison pics and comments on the ER Cliffjumper review thread.

But unless you change the head, it's just going to be a yellow Cliffjumper. And G1 Cliffjumper was originally both red and yellow. And in fact, he was originally going to be yellow in the G1 cartoon, but a late running change was made to go with the red version of the toy. I actually owned yellow Cliffjumper as a kid (as it was far more common in my area) and only got the red one much later on.

Also, not every animation frame of Cliffjumper was colour corrected, so Cliffjumper did actually appear in the G1 cartoon in his original yellow colour in a few shots, such as this shot from "More Than Meets The Eye Part 1." Off the top of my head he also briefly appeared in yellow in "The Ultimate Doom," Part 3 if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Earthrise Grapple, Cliffjumper, Hoist from Kmart and the Micromasters from Myer. Just need Wheeljack, then I’m done.
    Don't forget that Myer does have a price-match policy. I got my ER Ironworks from Myer which they had priced at $35, but I got them to price match Kmart and so I paid $29.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    But unless you change the head, it's just going to be a yellow Cliffjumper.
    True, but he's near enough for me - the thing that leaps out to me as different about Bumper compared to Cliffy is how his feet are more squared off, and the Earthrise version kind of has that look already. Currently I'm contemplating how to get Micromaster Stakeout's roof onto his chest to half-ass my own Autoceptor figure (it'll probably involve cutting the boot off), I'm more just going for a general sense of 84 retro than strict accuracy.

Got two new Botbots; Zwonkey Donkey and Cypops.