View Poll Results: Should you buy this toy?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, at full price

10 58.82%
  • Wait for a sale

2 11.76%
  • Avoid

2 11.76%
  • Revenge of the Sith

1 5.88%
  • Return of the Jedi

2 11.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Earthrise Deluxe Wheeljack

Default Toy Review - Earthrise Deluxe Wheeljack

Earthrise Wheeljack
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Earthrise
    Size/class - Deluixe
    New/remould/redeco - New mold
    Wave - 1
    Released here - FEB 2020
    Approximate Retail Price - AU $30-35
    Approximate Size - I told you, I don't own a ruler. They were always the first thing I lost at the beginning of the school year.
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Somewhat Lancia Stratos ish sportscard
    Main Features/Gimmicks - It transforms.
    Main Colours - White, Grey, Green and Red
    Main Accessories - Shoulder launcher cannon

Vehicle mode
    - Very flat, but in a sleek way. In comparison to Prime Wheeljack there is nothing even slightly chibified about this vehicle mode.
    - Kind of gappy? There's a gap at the rear of the car that nothing covers. I was convinced that I had mistransformed something, but apparently not.
    - Weapon storage is a bit boring. It just plugs into the roof.

Transformation
    - Actually quite fun, but in a sort of 'what you'd expect' kind of way.The front of the car becomes the legs, the roof and top half of the windshield becomes the chest, the sides and rear of the car become the arms.
    - I quite like the way that the bottom halves of the windshield fold away into the knees, but be careful when manipulating them as they're only on mushroom pegs and if they're not lined up right when you transforming the figure you'll be hunting for them after they've popped off.

Robot mode
    - Proportionally great.
    - Large backpack is kind of a bummer. He's just got a whole car back half chilling out on his back.
    - Articulation is pretty wonderful. Aside from the WFCS standard, the feet are huge and the ankle joint has great forward and back range, so there's support for a lot of poses. Also, shoulder shrugs! It is a transformation joint, but I'm counting it.

Can you find something to complain about?
    - Actually yes. QC might not be great on this - the first one I bought had a missing windshield half. The one I exchanged it for has a loose left knee.
    - The only gun is the tiny dinky launcher. It looks kind of terrible on its own.

This is a fairly good figure. It's the kind of thing that Generations exists for really - playable modern interpretation of old characters. This is worth a buy at RRP.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I'd heard a lot of complaints about him, but once I had him in hand I was surprised with how much I liked him.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Poll please?
    As you wish

Wasn't sure on this one from the pictures but glad I picked him up-both modes are nice and the Transformation was a bit different to what I was expecting!
    My biggest complaints are the lack of weapons (the little rocket thing is way too small to be held in hand imho, but thankfully Cliffjumper has given him a blaster of his own) and that the arms look a bit 'flat'-I didn't like the panels behind the hands in the stock photos and I still think they look funny, especially as his forearm is also very flat.
    No issues with the plastic on mine (thankfully)!

Are people liking this guy more than the Generations 2010 Wheeljack? I love mine, but I am increasingly tempted by the more cartoon-accurate silhouette and spot on car mode.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Are people liking this guy more than the Generations 2010 Wheeljack? I love mine, but I am increasingly tempted by the more cartoon-accurate silhouette and spot on car mode.
    Yes and no. It's far more G1 fanboy in it's layout than the Generations toy... but that split windshield and the odd greenish hue to the plastic means I prefer the Generations toy. I still grabbed this guy; so I have the best of both worlds anyway (:

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post

I prefer this new mold more. I find the proportions better, and I dig the alt mode more.

Fwiw I don't care one jot for toon accuracy.

I got mine today in one of those retailler 'assortment' options you get online these days. It was either him, Hoist, Cliffjumper or Ironworks, the latter two i was really pumped for.

He's..... okay I guess? Mine had a QC arm socket issue that i fixed with a bit of filing. His engineering is okay, his car mode is nice enough with his paint apps.

I guess for me he just.... is. He's Wheeljack. That's it. Nothing special. Nothing that blows my mind. He has his stumpy little shoulder cannon in robot mode and he (and most people who probably love him) is perfectly fine with that.

Oh well. That's what I get for cheaping out and not paying a bit extra for a figure I truly wanted

He looks great when posed with a group of Autobot cars compared to him just on his own.