Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buyer warning

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default Buyer warning

WA member sighted on Facebook scamming https://www.eyou-collection.com/ owner Sarah Zhang

It puts a bad taste that we Australians are taking advantage of a seller. Owing amount of USD2882

Disgusting you blocked the seller and refuse to pay remaining amount Wayne B!

I doubt anyone can do anything but it be best we avoid this person in any dealings.

Beware of him selling on any forums as such is considered stolen goods.
    Last edited by drifand; 1st March 2020 at 01:35 PM.

Yeah I just read the same. Odd as that dude has spent thousands on toys over many months. Wonder why he's ripping people off now? A shame.

Still nothing seen at any of my locals for Earthrise so went ahead and did some more online orders.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    WA member sighted on Facebook scamming https://www.eyou-collection.com/ owner Sarah Zhang

It puts a bad taste that we Australians are taking advantage of a seller. Owing amount of USD2882

I doubt anyone can do anything but it be best we avoid this person in any dealings.

Details?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Details?
    I would have to post Sarah?s message here as proof. If nobody has objections I do so. There isn?t any address so to speak.
    What disgust me is he bragged about it back last year and thank Sarah but has not own up to pay.

This is more to safe guard if he attempts to sell Sarah?s items on octa or any forum or group base.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...ZjLXIzcF9hYUZR

On product review he left feedback for a company which indicates he is from WA

https://www.productreview.com.au/rev...Ipi9G_vlkGrJlI
    Last edited by drifand; 2nd March 2020 at 09:50 AM.

That's not cool, I've bought from Sarah a few times, really reliable and chased up some replacement parts for me that I thought would be REALLY HARD to get. She's a good seller.

I would have to post Sarah?s message here as proof. If nobody has objections I do so. There isn?t any address so to speak.
    What disgust me is he bragged about it back last year and thank Sarah but has not own up to pay.

This is more to safe guard if he attempts to sell Sarah?s items on octa or any forum or group base.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...ZjLXIzcF9hYUZR

On product review he left feedback for a company which indicates he is from WA

https://www.productreview.com.au/rev...Ipi9G_vlkGrJlI

I remember quite a few of the toys bought as they were posted on a social media / FB page quite rapidly and I assumed the dude has a mining job or something to afford so many pricey 3P items in such a short period of time. He boought more in a couple months than I could afford over a year or two.
    I saw someone I know on his friends list, so I PM'd that person and warned them not to trade with him due to the above mentioned issue.

Dude is def from WA, but I don't know him. Read some of his posts on FB and they were worryingly inchoherent, mis-spelt, nonsensical and hard to even understand.

Don't know what kind of thing he is pulling with Sarah, but I had seen dozens of photos over several months of toys he received as they taken in his own place, unboxed and on display etc such as Toyworld Constructor (x2) FT Omega Supreme (in two diff decos) and many other expensive items.

I believed he was an expensive buyer and gained Sarah's trust in shipping him items. But ultimately scammed Sarah. Yes Sarah was being silly to sent any items not paid. But I believe she was being taken advantaged.
    Definitely I dont see funds recoverable but I think the TF community can be aware that such a person is in WA and seeing he got doubles etc for FREE at this point, I am sure he would flog it off at a profit too.
    Its just not cool, I dont buy from Sarah often unless I can't find certain things and she really goes all the way to find it.

I believe he bought toys from Savier by the look of his profile and robotbase etc.....

It'll be good to know how he looks like.

These posts were moved here because they aren't appropriate or entirely applicable to the sightings section.

Unless this person has a registration here and you know what it is, there should not be a suggestion that they are a member here by saying that they are a "WA member".

And to be honest, if a seller is willing to send thousands of dollars of stock to someone that they don't know personally, then it was probably silly of them. If they are a business, they should know better.
    I wouldn't even send that much stuff to close friends without payment, because if someone can't afford it now, how can you be sure that they will have it any time soon.

It's already a red flag if a customer says that they don't have the money spare now for non-essentials, but asks a seller to believe them that they will have it later. Even retailers only have short term payment schemes through third parties that you can't get out of... or you get a credit card to pay it off over time.

It doesn't look good having it known that this was an Australian, and the buyer should pay what they owe (or return items they can't afford), but the seller also needs to be responsible for sending stock to people before they get payment.

Note I have a look at this person's address and is definitely a WA person. Unfortunately for the seller, she wasn't quick to ask for help, last checked his address was sold in 2019 meaning the person moved.
    The seller is considering hiring a debt collector to further proceed.

I am definitely not disputing the silliness of her sending the goods, but I am pointing out the person knew she had a soft spot and took advantage of her.

What I can do now for her is to provide a list of items he owed and should it flag as suspicious if ever sold on Gumtree or any Australian forums. He isn't stupid. he changed his Facebook profile and removed most of any contactable friends etc, but I believe someone will know such a collector. In fact I believe he deleted his facebook account.

Sarah will be providing a list of items he owed. I will list on her behalf.