• Only if (something else)

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Earthrise Cliffjumper

It's still a $19 toy masquerading as a Deluxe no matter how you try and justify it. But you like it, that's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    It's still a $19 toy masquerading as a Deluxe no matter how you try and justify it.
    L-R: (using today's max RRPs)
    Deluxe Classics Cliffjumper = $35
    Deluxe Earthrise Cliffjumper = $35
    Legends Titans Return* Bumblebee = $20

So you're saying that ER Cliffjumper should be sold for less than Legends Class Bumblebee? If that's what you think then that's fine, but I respectfully disagree. Cliffjumper may not be worth maximum RRP at $35, but at a discounted price like $29 I think he's fine. I suppose if you want to buy one for $19 just wait a few months and grab a loose one off the used toys market.

----------------------------------
    *Yes, I know it's the TakaraTOMY LG Bumble which was more expensive than TR Bumblebee as it came with the Titan Master yada yada, but you get the idea.

So yes he's small, but I this this figure is great-transformation is fun, car looks great and in robot mode he shines!!
    Also the asscorry possibilities are a great touch! Because I bought Hoist and him at the same time I see they spread the 'volume' of materials across the wave so I'm less angry about the price.
    My only gripe is that the 5mm post on the backpack/kibble piece is super hard to flip out after you've flipped it in for Vehicle mode... needed to wedge something in there to flip it back out again :S

I love him. Obviously, yes, he's very small for something that's allegedly a Deluxe. But you can see when he's next to that Legends Bumblebee that he's got a bit more going on than that tiny guy.

The "shield" accessory would annoy me if it didn't attach to the robot mode so... un-intrusively.

I don't mind the size at all, but I can't get past the partsforming so this is a miss for me unfortunately.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I can't make up my mind about Cliff. His car mode looks too much like my G1 Windcharger and I prefer the G1 cartoon stunted look. And the price is a little high. But his robot mode looks great. And the bazooka, fab!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    I can't make up my mind about Cliff. His car mode looks too much like my G1 Windcharger and I prefer the G1 cartoon stunted look. And the price is a little high. But his robot mode looks great. And the bazooka, fab!
    *shameless plug* For anyone looking for a CHUG Cliffjumper with a compact car mode and no partsforming, I am currently selling my Classics/Gen Cliffjumper.

pro tip: Don't push the peg all the way back on the parts forming bit (the trunk of the car); mine gets stuck and i had a very difficult time getting it out using all sorts of things to wedge it out.

$29 for that size figure is ridiculous. I fail to see the value on any level.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

The backpack seems to be a big deal so I’m surprised there’s no photos in the original post of what he looks like from behind with it attached and with it missing.