Wave - 1
    Released here - March 2020
    Approximate Retail Price - $29
    Approximate Size - 1dm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - 1980s style sports coupe
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Not a repaint/retool of Bumblebee
    Main Colours - red
    Main Accessories - 3 piece glass-gas bazooka which can divide into smaller guns and skis for car mode.

Definitely worth buying. It still amazes me it took 14 years of various classics lines for Hasbro to give us an actual Cliffjumper.

Sure he's small for a deluxe... but 1) he scales with the other Minibots done as Legends (maybe half a head taller) and 2) with a 6 piece weapon & almost all the red being painted rather than just straight red plastic, they HAVE used the deluxe budget here.

The rear window kibble piece is my only complaint... but then Optimus Prime's trailer is kibble that doesn't go anywhere in robot mode and we all just accept that

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Definitely worth buying. It still amazes me it took 14 years of various classics lines for Hasbro to give us an actual Cliffjumper.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Not a repaint/retool of Bumblebee
    To paraphrase Robin Hood Men In Tights: "Because, unlike some other Cliffjumpers, I'm not a repaint of Bumblebee."
    Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Sure he's small for a deluxe... but 1) he scales with the other Minibots done as Legends (maybe half a head taller)
    Plus how many other times do we get to say that a Transformer is exactly 1 decimetre tall? I should take a photo next to some Microman figures.
    Approximate Size - 1dm

Plus how many other times do we get to say that a Transformer is exactly 1 decimetre tall?
    I saw you did that... I just chose to ignore it.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

He looks good.

The size doesn't bug me, Studio Series Jazz is fantastic at a reduced size.

But the 'shield' cop out really does. It's weak design work, the same as it is on Arcee. I could forgive it if transformed further to actually become a shield but in both cases it's an obvious piece of cars. Holding on to an old TV doesn't make it a shield, and standing on a sideways fridge doesn't make it a hoverboard. Not sure why these guys are getting passes on this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    But the 'shield' cop out really does. It's weak design work, the same as it is on Arcee. I could forgive it if transformed further to actually become a shield but in both cases it's an obvious piece of cars.
    I see it as something similar to a high transparency riot shield, which in real life can even be used in military-like formations.

Holding on to an old TV doesn't make it a shield,
    LOL. That just made Cliffjumper's shield even better for me. Now he can distract opponents or entertain restless civilians with video clips!

The size doesn't bug me, Studio Series Jazz is fantastic at a reduced size.

But the 'shield' cop out really does. It's weak design work, the same as it is on Arcee. I could forgive it if transformed further to actually become a shield but in both cases it's an obvious piece of cars. Holding on to an old TV doesn't make it a shield, and standing on a sideways fridge doesn't make it a hoverboard. Not sure why these guys are getting passes on this point.
    People will justify having paid $10-$15 more for a $19 figure any which way they can.
    If you look at it objectively, it fails in both design and price/size class.

Cliffjumper is trying to achieve something that no other Cliffjumper toy★ has ever done before.
    * a realistically proportioned vehicle mode, not the deformed squat car mode of the G1 toy
    * a squat looking robot mode
    * not be a repaint/retool of an existing Bumblebee mould
    So you have the paradox of having an elongated sports car transform into a stout humanoid robot form. If this were a more expensive toy such as a Masterpiece, then sure, it could be done. But given that it has been allocated the maximum budget of a Deluxe Class figure, I think that they've done a pretty impressive job. Okay, the shield thing is a cheat, but to incorporate that back kibble would most probably have exceeded the budget.

Now having said all that, does the base figure really justify the Deluxe price point? On its own, no. But it's beyond the Legends price point too - this is way above any Legends Class toy. Now you could create a whole new price point that's between Legends and Deluxe, but Hasbro's decided not to do that, so they've used up the rest of the budget on the bazooka which is basically an accessory pack. When we combine the whole package, then yeah, we can see why it's a Deluxe figure. Would this toy be cheaper if it didn't come with the bazooka? Sure. But a lot of MPs would be heaps cheaper if they didn't come with their accessories too, just look at Hasbro's MP Rodimus Prime vs TakaraTOMY's MP-9 etc. And Earthrise Optimus Prime would easily be $50 if they didn't include the trailer (and I'm not convinced that the trailer is necessarily worth another $50).

Okay, so a Legends Class figure has a max RRP of $20 and a Deluxe has a max RRP of $35 (and I saw Deluxe Earthrise toys at Myer at this price today). So if we are to agree that Cliffjumper is better than a Legends but not as good as a Deluxe, then the appropriate price to pay would lie midway between $20 to $35, yes? Mathematically speaking, this would be $27.50. I paid $29 for mine at Kmart, so I'm perfectly happy with that. I also got Ironworks from Myer and got them to price match Kmart, so also paid $29 for him. So yeah, just get these toys from Kmart, or if you find them at a dearer price elsewhere, get them to price match. Problem solved, keep calm and play on.

------------------------
    ★obviously not including non-G1 based Cliffjumpers like Armada, Energon etc.

================================================== ==========
    P.S.: I think that Cliffjumper better justifies his price point than say Siege Shockwave or Astrotrain. Both Shockwave and Astrotrain's alt mode attachments are completely superfluous - you could put them aside and it makes no real difference to the core toy. Cliffjumper's shield is at least meaningful to the toy and is still functional in robot mode. It also serves a purpose in covering up what would be a huge gap in the alt mode; Astrotrain's shuttle mode has this ridiculous gap which the accessory utterly fails to conceal, and that's a Leader Class toy! There is no way to cover up Astrotrain's shuttle gap. At least Cliffjumper has a solution.

Well said Gok. This may not quite be a $35 toy but it's certainly not a $19 toy either.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.