0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Toy Review - Earthrise Cliffjumper

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher31 View Post
    Like so many Transformers, my back hurts just thinking about the bends they have to do to convert.
    Makes one appreciative of the contortionists that they used in mocap suits for the live action movies.

Just got him today and peeps, try plugging the boot in the other way around, I think there may or might've been plans for Throttlebots.

Just picked this guy up.

While at first appearance he looks like an upsized Legends class figure this guy is definitely packing deluxe class engineering and articulation. Swivel wrists... we haven't seen this since the days of Reveal the Shield! ( I am probably wrong but you get my point)

Further to this his matte paint job is just plain SEXY and I love the sculpting on the front end that makes it look like a classic 80's mazda/ferrari/porsche

I dig the accessories as well and how they play into the figure. Apart from the typical, hey I've got guns mounted on the hood. We also get a skidoo mode which is actually pretty out of the box and awesome. The gun parts also appear to have a lot more combination potential than what we've seen in the past and are on par with, if not exceeding the accessories coming from previous lines like Commander Jetfire, Leader Shockwave and even weaponizes like Sixgun. My only worry is that the ski pieces may be easily lost.

The infamous boot cover is indeed disappointing but necessary in my opinion. I don't think there was a practical way to keep that beautiful front end transformation AND keep Cliffjumper's bot mode free from excessive kibble without this partsforming. Now that I look at it, I wonder if a 3P manufacturer is working on alternative boot pieces, perhaps one that makes him look like a sports Ute?

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Just got him today and peeps, try plugging the boot in the other way around, I think there may or might've been plans for Throttlebots.
    Waaaaaaaaaat

My CJ arrived in the post today and I love him to bits already. Poseable with great stability, a variety of weapon setups and configurations, really solid alt mode with weapon integration (for bonus points) and a really sexy red paint job and headsculpt. Worth the money in my opinion!

Got mine today (TTmall exclusive here in Japan...) and damn its a great toys. Definitely more to him than the smaller class size, I see why he's in the deluxe range. So much going on its wonderful! I thin k most people have covered my thoughts on him already.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Wow, it's quite effective. I am eagerly awaiting a Bumblebee reshell/retool, especially if it's a VW. This makes me excited for the prospect of a Goldbug too (which I also want badly), with the back flipped the other way around.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Here's an interesting undocumented feature; he has a neck hinge joint that allows him to look down, a bit more more head tilt sideways and full head rotation (normally the side of his head strikes the black rim behind his head limiting rotation to 45 degrees).

While the roof of the car is bent down, place your thumb below the black hinge on the front below the head, put your index finger behind the head and lever forward. It's quite a tight joint as there is a tab keeping it together.

You can bend the head more forward if you allow the roof to open more.