Sub-Group - Macromaster
    Alt-mode - construction station
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Weaponiser
    Main Colours - yellow, black, greys
    Main Accessories - gun

PHOTOS

Comparison with G1

Thoughts
    I'm enjoying this toy a lot more than I expected to. I really like how each mode is an homage to a different aspect of G1 Ironworks. The robot resembles G1 Ironworks' robot mode, the construction base resembles Ironworks' station in base mode, and the tower mode resembles Ironworks' station in battle station mode. As a Weaponiser this is a "partsformer" like Siege Cog, Sixgun, Brunt etc., but with the bonus feature of basically being a triple-changer.

This toy reminds me of what CHUG was like in its early years, before the toys tried to be slavish emulations of their G1 counterparts and dared to be something more unique but also instantly recognisable as the character that they're meant to be. Although unlike early CHUG this is based on a not as widely known G1 character, and I really love it when CHUG visits these characters who honestly haven't had a new since... well... since G1! I don't need another CHUG Jazz (I've owned three of them) -- but we desperately needed a CHUG Ironworks (looking forward to Airwave and hoping that they'll do Hot House and Greasepit).

A great figure that is more fun than it has the right to be. Strongly recommended.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Do the roads have enough height to link up to Omega easily?

There’s something disappointing to see that the G1 base was larger than the new deluxe. Bigger when both in base mode, a taller tower than robot mode. I wasn’t a fan of the Siege Weaponisers and am not convinced by these. It feels like for it to be complete you need the Micromaster and Irontread was only available in a ridiculously priced 10 pack! I’d only pick up this up on clearance.

There are however some great fan modes made up on multiple Ironworks including some cool looking ships. But you gotta army build for those.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellico View Post
    Do the roads have enough height to link up to Omega easily?
    Haven't tried it yet, but I'll post pics when I get around to doing it. Or if anyone else wants to have a go at it first then be my guest.

I'm looking forward to Airwave with it's squat build and very un-decepticon colours of white, blue and a hint of orange.

I love G1 micromasters and have been breaking my bank on getting them all.

? he fits G1............

Best of the weaponiser/baseformers yet IMO. So many combinations and unique parts.

I really hope he's not the only deluxe base bot on offer in this line.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Best of the weaponiser/baseformers yet IMO. So many combinations and unique parts.

I really hope he's not the only deluxe base bot on offer in this line.
    Airwave is I think in wave 2, Hothouse is coming through generations selects.

The Siege series gave us weaponisers like Cog, Sixgun and Brunt so we could boost other Siege figures with a whopping amount of weaponry.

But what Earthrise has done with Ironworks (and Airwave) is take a shield/defence approach when it comes to add-ons for other figures. An excellent and brave move by Hasbro considering kids would prefer weapons over shields.