Thread: Borders closed mail

Default Borders closed mail

Will there be any impacts on mail delivery from covid 19? I have parcels to mail and dont want them to be stuck in transit

Check your state government website and Aus post website, delivery services in NSW are unaffected.

I would imagine that the border closures only relate to non-business travel, as people would still be needed to drive the trucks and planes for freight between states.
    Cargo and freight were not affected by the international borders closing last week, particularly since this country is going to need every dollar it can get from exports (and vital equipment needed to be imported).

I think the only impact the virus will have on mail is if post offices are told to close down in the next wave of restrictions (if we go to the next step of closing down all businesses and stores that aren't supermarkets like in some other countries).

No, mail services aren't stopped as it is an essential service. Postal services didn't necessarily stop even in China but there was delays.

Of course, if someone at the local post office catches the 'rona that will have an impact.