Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131828 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 updates comments and concerns

鉄腕コンボイ氏:気をけて下さい!
    https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20200407_43/
    Tetsuwan Convoy: Please be careful! :^o

Posts and quotes here need to be in English or include an English translation.
    I thought it was already in the rules... I'll have to add it.

Yeah, I can't say I feel compelled to open a link if I don't know what it is I'm about to click on.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Yeah, I can't say I feel compelled to open a link if I don't know what it is I'm about to click on.
    Nothing bad ever happened to anyone who has done that before...

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Posts and quotes here need to be in English or include an English translation.
    I thought it was already in the rules... I'll have to add it.
    An English translation was already embedded in the original post. Kthx.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    鉄腕コンボイ氏:気をけて下さい!
    https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20200407_43/
    Tetsuwan Convoy: Please be careful! :^o
    P.S.: In future embedded bilingual posts I'll leave some kind of indicator, like this...
    <EN>Faeder ure şu şe eart on heofonum, si şin nama gehalgod ←This is English, btw</EN>
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 9th April 2020 at 01:08 AM.

If you're all cooped up at home at 3:30pm today with time to kill, there is a tv show on Channel 94 (9Life) called Mountain Life. The episode is Colorado Springs Mountain Home. Beautiful mountain views. Check your local tv guide.

Cabin fever must be getting to the people who run the tv networks, as we have both versions of the Willy Wonka/Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on tonight, at the same time (on channel 7 and 9).
    I wonder how much the stories match up if you switch between the two channels...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Cabin fever must be getting to the people who run the tv networks, as we have both versions of the Willy Wonka/Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on tonight, at the same time (on channel 7 and 9).
    I wonder how much the stories match up if you switch between the two channels...
    And to top it off, SBS has a two hour documentary playing at the same time, about the Cadbury factory in Australia.... maybe it's because it's Easter, like having heaps of christmas movies on at christmas.

Watching one of the news programs on SBS yesterday, there are some big numbers so far in the big countries that have lots of resources, money and technology, and hearing some reports from South American countries and Yemen, with thousands of people dying in the streets and homes because there is almost no medical infrastructure or supplies to treat them... it had me thinking about all of the smaller countries, especially 3rd world countries, that are yet to experience the epidemic, and don't have the same resources or economy to deal with it. We see how countries like ours and America are dealing with the virus, by saving most of those affected with advanced medical care and equipment, as well as throwing money at the economy so that it should survive as well... but what of the countries that aren't in the G20 or 1st world? Countries in Africa, South America, Pacific Islands, and South Asia... just about every country in the world would have had travellers bringing the virus to their shores before global travel was shut down. Countries that have no way of being able to treat (in hospital) or contain (pay people to stop working) the virus, the percentage of people who will die in many other countries is going to be even higher than what we've already been seeing in Italy, America and England, as those countries were at least able to save a fair few lives before their hospital systems were overwhelmed.