Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 71722232425262728293031323747 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 updates comments and concerns

Welp, it's back in Queensland.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Well, damn!
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Like I've been saying. Short term gain from having NSW tourists coming to QLD to spend their money, will be undone by long term lockdowns when we end up like VIC in a few weeks time.
    As soon as the virus spread into NSW from VIC, there was no way it could be guaranteed that certain areas of NSW were free of the virus, as it takes 3-4 days for outbreak areas to be identified and the public alerted, and it only takes half a day to travel into QLD by road (or just a few hours by air).... and yet, the QLD premier kept the border open to everyone that wasn't from a *known* area of infection. Any area that had a new outbreak, had at least 3-4 days before it was on the exclusion list, and by then, an infected person could have already travelled into QLD (freely). As soon as the QLD government started adding parts of NSW and Sydney to their exclusion list, and the list was growing, everyone else who wanted a holiday before the expected lockdown, started flocking into QLD trying to escape the virus (but ended up bringing it with them).
    Some of the outbreak locations in NSW & VIC have clocked up 30-60 infections, so even if we are lucky to have most people not infect anyone else, it just takes one of these "super spreaders" to enter QLD before their location is on the exclusion list, an infect 30 other people in high-traffic tourist locations that most NSW people are heading to.

We had all these sports teams move to QLD a couple weeks ago, and if we start having 10-20 cases per day like in NSW (and VIC 4 weeks ago), they are all going to have to re-locate again, or end the season early if the remaining states don't have the resources to host dozens of teams from several sports codes.

8 days... they were wandering around a large portion of brisbane for 8 days before this came to light. And the 2 people only get fined $4000 each. They should be paying for the costs of testing, deep cleaning and business closures from these two.
    And judging from the work those 2 have done on their faces (not even 20 yet), they are probably loving the attention they are getting with their faces on tv every 5 minutes.

It's very frustrating when this happens, and they only get a minor slap in the wrist relative to the potential (and let's face it, almost certain) spike in infections and financial costs that they will cause. This is why the declaration system is flawed when you just trust people to properly disclose information, because there will always be a group who don't care and lie. These very people are filming themselves deliberately antagonising and breaking the rules to post online to get views, it's so screwed.

And now you have the tourism group complaining about the border shutdown to people from Sydney, when the alternative is wait for it to inevitably cause a spike in infections in Qld and close the whole state again. Just when I felt it was almost back to normal this happens in my area...
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

After a lower number for Tuesday of 295 new cases for VIC, Wednesday gave us a new record of 723 new cases... and 13 more dying.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    8 days... they were wandering around a large portion of brisbane for 8 days before this came to light. And the 2 people only get fined $4000 each. They should be paying for the costs of testing, deep cleaning and business closures from these two.
    And judging from the work those 2 have done on their faces (not even 20 yet), they are probably loving the attention they are getting with their faces on tv every 5 minutes.
    The news got worse, as only one of the two is revealing where they went (seems they didn?t both stick together) so we can?t do contact tracing of businesses and places the other one went to. They face court tomorrow though
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    OMG. I just looked up these two idiots. Those are two of the most unnatural looking faces I've seen since Micheal Jackson. Clearly they want to look like the Kardashians but the skill of their surgeon wasn't up to the task.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Well that didn't take long to go from outrage to body shaming in one day and yet no one is concerned that 2 people of colour were pretty much fixed by the Australian MSM, yet other people who have acted much the same have not because they come from more, "affluent" suburbs across Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Well that didn't take long to go from outrage to body shaming in one day and yet no one is concerned that 2 people of colour were pretty much fixed by the Australian MSM, yet other people who have acted much the same have not because they come from more, "affluent" suburbs across Australia.
    So I should have also posted my outrage at yet another medical professional from Rockhampton putting CQ at risk of COVID a couple of days ago???