Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1525303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 updates comments and concerns

The vaccine is not 100% effective, even after the second dose, that's why herd immunity is so important.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Victoria now going back into stage 4 restrictions for 5 days and let's hope it doesn't extend beyond that.

Waiting for all the people to start complaining about the Victoria lockdown... that don’t actually live in Victoria or know anyone affected by it.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Waiting for all the people to start complaining about the Victoria lockdown... that don’t actually live in Victoria or know anyone affected by it.
    I haven't seen some relatives for more than 2 years. That is a good thing.

Glad the 5 day lockdown is over. I intend to name this Saturday either Paleotrex or Black Arachnia Day.😉

I just found out today that I qualify to get my Covid vaccine now. Just one issue, getting an appointment slot is not going to be easy.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

How are you guys going down in Brisbane? Up here in Gladstone, we have had our first-ever confirmed case of Covid after a guy travelled from Brisbane and stayed in the area that ended up having the UK strain.

So far everyone that has been tested has come back with a negative test, so it looks like he didn't spread it. We are not getting a lockdown here because there is no evidence of community transmission, but everyone is on edge.

A lot more people were seen wearing masks today at the shops in Brisbane. At Woolworths, the toilet paper stock was running fairly low although not the aisle wasn't completely bare yet. People were conscious about keeping a 1.5 m gap, which resulted in a long queue back to the freezers. Supermarkets will still be open during the lockdown so there is no need for panic buying.

Additional information about the three day COVID-19 lockdown in Greater Brisbane* starting from 29 March 2021 at 17:00 can be found on the <Queensland Government website>.

* Greater Brisbane LGAs include City of Brisbane, City of Ipswich, Logan City, Moreton Bay Region, Redland City.

I don't understand the panic buying now. The first time around, fine, that's understandable due to the fear and uncertainty. But as we've learnt from the two lockdowns we've had (the initial weeks long one in 2020, and then the three-day one earlier in 2021), shops remained open and stock levels end up being sufficient so there's no reason to stock up to crazy levels.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Yep. The panic buying is likely to be the cause of stock shortages in many cases.