Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1626313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 updates comments and concerns

So I managed to get my first Covid shot yesterday. My arm feels like it's about to fall off and I am slightly headachey, but otherwise, it's gone well.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

That sounds exciting.

Here in Japan the numbers of cases are increasing, currently with daily rates of 500+ people in some cities. Osaka is the leader at the moment and Japan has implemented a "medical emergency" state. So instead of a State of emergency tits a medical one. Apparently less stringent than the SOE.
    HOWEVER, the SOE only closes bars/restaurants at 8pm and issues fines.
    I read and article and the Governor/mayor of Osaka was stating they are unsure of the true state of COVID in the area. That is because they make it extremely hard to get a test here. On top of that, I hear that if you don't go to a national hospital/clinic, it doesn't get counted anyway.
    this new one does the same, but rewards places for having acrylic separators between customers. So one could argue these new measures are more stringent than the SOE. Incidentally why the separators thing wasn't implemented sooner is baffling.
    Well, not really. There has been pretty much a hands off approach by the govt in controlling this an they've been spouting the same advice (Wash your hands, wear a mask and gargle regularly) since this all began. Naturally people are getting tired of it and slacking off (also, party season again).

To be honest, I'm very surprised Japan hasn't been devastated by the covid and think it's been very lucky. There were/are no awareness campaigns endorsed by the govt. Stay home was a thing for the first SOE (last year), yet while it was going on there was much dragging of feet and little preparation made at that time and social distancing is mainly used by comedians as a dumb gag when someone gets close. There is none in the shops, trains, anywhere. Plus it's practically hard to implement in many places.

The only positive move I've seen is a wider acceptance of remote working. But I've noticed that as the new work/school year has started, many places are bringing people in to the office and the trains are crowding up again.
    Olympics? Pfah! dont get me started.

Man, where did this all come from?

I read that Constitutionally the Japanese government has pretty limited options when it comes to implementing and/or enforcing restrictions. So that's one thing.

How's the vaccination situation over there @Tets?

Yeah they are hamstringed that's for sure. That's why I think they should go on a bit of a media blitz to educate people. But that's not the way the old guys like it.

Vaccination situation is a far off dream at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Yeah they are hamstringed that's for sure. That's why I think they should go on a bit of a media blitz to educate people. But that's not the way the old guys like it.

Vaccination situation is a far off dream at the moment.
    I guess no trips for me to Japan in the near future...
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I guess no trips for me to Japan in the near future...
    Unless you're an athelete. J Govt. is desperate to make the Olympics work.

I think this thread deserves resurrection for the clustermess which NSW Government has made of suppressing the virus, locking down too slow, bringing in harsher restrictions too late. To the point at which half the country is now in lockdown and there is a national emergency. So much for the gold standard and proudly not being quick to lockdown.

Gladys is squarely to blame. More I could say, but I'll keep my mouth shut.

So much for the Woman who saved Australia.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

We have had a bit of a scare up here in regional QLD today. A flight attendant tested positive for Delta. But it was only caught by a test the other day and she was potentially infecting people across regional QLD for almost 2 weeks.

So far nobody here in Gladstone has been confirmed positive, but they have set up a drive-through testing centre that they want people to go to.

With how Annastacia is handling it I'm guessing we will have a snap lockdown if one person is infected locally and then people will complain about the politicians putting public health and safety first.