Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 updates comments and concerns

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I actually would be happy to see Hasbro pause or at least slow down their upcoming releases. The economy globally is in the toilet. There are more important things than Transformers.
    Agree. I’m now working from home but how can I complain when so many others can’t work at all. I would like to get the Seacons from EbGames this week but getting some bread and meat is much more a priority.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Am I the only person not panicking over this stupid virus? I have family members that seem to think the world is ending.
    *RANT*

I was in the same camp until my workplace had a scare because someone who claimed to have it gave cash to a co-worker, no mask because "I wanted to feel brave", they're in isolation now.

I'm just shy a hazmat suit now, while I'm not screaming about the end of the world or hoarding up (being an idiot over-buyer ended up helping in the long run before this happened) I've become all too aware of the situation at hand and the sheer...stupidity people have.

I work in an "essential service", people call me a ray of sunshine amongest all of this but really I just want all of this to end, things will get better stock wise, but if we pull up the restrictions too early (both for supermarkets and travel restrictions) I can see this screwing us over, will we end up like italy, don't think so, but our laid back attitude needs a slight adjustment.

Just be safe, don't get careless (KEEP YOUR KIDS INSIDE PEOPLE unless 100% necessary supermarkets are the last place they should be in) and don't panic buy (pensioners and those who live day by day are suffering the most, big families are only suffering because little timmy wants snacks and won't stop making toilet paper houses because karen doesn't want to tell them responsibilities aren't just an adult thing, kids with disabilities are exempt because I know that pain all too well), sorry for the rant, friend's have family up in Italy, regulars are of italian decent, witnessing sheer stupidity at hand and my own desire to keep living...its been rough plus I got family who work in emergency services telling me stuff (mostly stupidity but in times like these the best and worst in humanity will show).

Good luck to all those in "essential services", we're gonna need it, just don't "accept" you might catch it like I initially did and brush this off

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    EB Games stores are likely to shut down soon, if not already, which will leave a lot of pre-orders in limbo... and prevent the huge line up of exclusives they had on their roster for this year (most of the Generations Selects toys and JP Masterpiece).
    Bad enough losing another retailer but MY UNICRON, KEEP MY DEPOSIT JUST GIVE ME MY PLASTIC CRACK D: in all seriousness have eb games australia addressed their connections with the US branch or is this most likely a result of the virus based guess?

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Few things.

Is no longer a normal day, like any other day, there are posters still trying to give the crap speech about how this is no different than any previous virus etc... STOP. we are way past that.
    Honestly we have passed the Panic stage, it is now dealing with crap. The faster we actually lockdown and contain and figure out who has virus actually will contain the issue than escalate. As Thanos said "I am inevitable" there isn't any good outcome.
    There is absolutely no economics, people really should start thinking fixing by the source which is the virus before you can think about business. Schools should be shut, its obvious and shouldn't have to be TOLD at this stage. We are NOT Singapore, is different country and they have their own measures to properly maintain that level.

I am shocked my friends wife who is a nurse have no mask etc to protect themselves despite so much coverage we had before hand. I am truly disappointed.

I am wondering, is keeping the sightings threads open really a smart thing right now?

It's encouraging people to go out and "hunt" when they should be staying home or only heading out for essentials. Definitely not toys.

I'd been wondering that myself. I guess the thing is, people are still going to have to go out to get groceries etc anyway, and unless/until KMart etc get shut down then they'll be there anyway.
    I mean, it's quite possible TF shipments will be heavily reduced/held off on anyway, and it's really hard to see toy stores staying open throughout the whole, likely-months-long ordeal, so it might be mostly a moot point.

Just wondering, should I leave TF's that I buy here in a brick and mortar shop in their packaging for a few days or is it okay to open them up? Only asking because it looks like convid-19 can live up to 72 hours on plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Just wondering, should I leave TF's that I buy here in a brick and mortar shop in their packaging for a few days or is it okay to open them up? Only asking because it looks like convid-19 can live up to 72 hours on plastic.
    It couldn't hurt to be extra-careful?

I wouldn't stress to that degree. Just wash your hands after you've finished playing with them and don't touch your face. When you think about it, are toys from a brick and mortar store any riskier than groceries? There's equal opportunity for someone to have touched either of them and left traces of a disease there.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    I wouldn't stress to that degree. Just wash your hands after you've finished playing with them and don't touch your face. When you think about it, are toys from a brick and mortar store any riskier than groceries? There's equal opportunity for someone to have touched either of them and left traces of a disease there.
    *reads comment and touches face*

Goddammit.

*reads comment and touches face*

Goddammit.
    Off to the hospital you go.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.